What if we win 'nowt?

I would be surprised if we win nothing but if we did then we would all be very disappointed but at this point it has been a pleasure watching us compete at the very highest level.

We're playing the best football, hands down, that I've seen from a City side. We've recruited Pellegrini, Txiki and Ferran, who've adopted the whole 'holistic' mantra. Our academy, whilst not only being groundbreaking, is already being stocked with some highly sought after young talent, with the hope of producing top-quality english talent in the future, which I'm sure we will. In present terms, we've got a squad filled with top class, likeable players (from a marketing angle) who seem to be a cohesive, productive unit, something I believe we've strived and struggled for in the past. Of course, winning a trophy of any kind would be fantastic, but not imperative. I think the Hughes years/last year set us back some, and we're finally starting to excecute the plan intended when those heroes from Abu Dhabi swooped in to save the day in 2008.

So to summarise, not winning a trophy this year would be like losing a tenner at the beggining of the month, knowing full well you're going to win the lottery at the end of it. It's exciting, it's tense, but most of all... It's fucking great to be blue.

Soriano said:
I want to win five trophies in the next five years. That may mean we win no trophies one year and two in another, but on average, I want one trophy or title a year.
Then we see if Pellegrini can win two next year. By the way, Soriano's definition of trophy excludes the Capital One Cup, so that means he believes we should win a title, Champions League or FA Cup at an average of one a season.

Skashion said:
Soriano said:
I want to win five trophies in the next five years. That may mean we win no trophies one year and two in another, but on average, I want one trophy or title a year.
Then we see if Pellegrini can win two next year. By the way, Soriano's definition of trophy excludes the Capital One Cup, so that means he believes we should win a title, Champions League or FA Cup at an average of one a season.

I think he must be a trophy whore ;).

it would take one hell of a manager NOT to win anything with our squad. not a chance in CL, down to the wire for the prem would just settle for the league and fa cup as a good season.
all the 44 years without winning anything does not wash £500 million down the line, if we repeat the form of the last 20 games over the next 20 then its there for us domestically

Depends on the manner in which we fail. I think only a total collapse from this point would see Pellegrini's position under any scrutiny.

If we're just edged out in the league, put out good showings in the CL and FA Cup, then i don't see a problem, We'll strengthen in the Summer and go again next season.

I'm not sure i've enjoyed watching us play so much before, expect perhaps Keegans first season.

Not a great deal as changed since weekend, apart from our goals against, we are still 2nd, we are still in the Capital One Cup Final, we are still in the FA Cup, against a team that think they have got the measure of us (an advantage in many ways) and we are still in the final 16 of the Champions League cup. We have injuries yes but in the main are on the mend and will probably return sooner than later. We have Stevan Jovetic who is now showing his world class credentials. We should be looking forward to the coming games with optimism. I can't see any reason why we can't win three out of those four competitions. Imagine being a rag right now? How did Arsenal feel when we shafted them at our place, yet they're top. The Chelsea game wasn't the emphatic win that the media reported, one early goal by us it would have been oh so different. So come on City get stuck in and go for it, and if we do, we definitely won't go home empty handed.

I think we will win 2. Only thing that concerns me is the label of Pellers being an "unlucky" manager

hgblue said:
I think he must be a trophy whore ;).
Nowt wrong with that. He wants success and has set a realistic target which shows the high expectations we now hold. Very impressive guys are Soriano and Txiki. Every day their transfers show their value. Imagine this season without Negredo, Navas and Fernandinho. All hits in a big way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.