What is ... Britishness?

Witherspoon: Know what this reminds me of? Rourke's Drift. 100 men of heart, making a desperate stand against 10,000 Zulu warriors. Outnumbered, surrounded, staring death in the face and not flinching for a moment. Balls of British steel.

I'm some of you remember the film that quote came from?

Black America has been influencing UK society for decades now....

Northern Soul
Motown
Rude Boys/2 tone
Hip Hop (apparently uneducated street slime, not racist or owt)

I dont see the problem with it

The Beatles were in awe of Black America.

Banned Tosspot said:
Bigga said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Your hanky needs ironing woop woop!

You know the funny thing was, I wasn't even having a dig. Just noticing your point about MTV, whilst you post about Mr. Jackson.

You clearly took it as affront.

But, at least now it's clarified that you were the doppelganger on the other forum.

Bit sad, that you want to deflect away from the original thread line... and merely typical of your behaviour.
I thought it was a fair point. Young people never walked down the street grabbing their crotches and shouting hee hee but young lads today and back in the olden days like you walked around like they were some sort of urban gangster.

Funny thing I find nowadays is that the white kids that act 'ghetto' and love their rap are extremely racist. They can't understand that there lives are being shaped by mostly uneducated street slime from the U.S.

And you hightlight something that's in the range of 15yrs ago to make a point? No.

That's just you being a child.

15yrs ago(and more), I didn't give 2 sh*ts about things. I was in a bad place. Carried guns, sold drugs, hurt people. But that was then and your link is bit pathetic, even by own pathetic standards.

If you don't wish to partake in intellectual discussion, don't. If you want to take the mick, use the here and now.

Oh yeah, you can't...

America has been influencing Britain for the last century and more. It isn't a recent thing.

TheMightyQuinn said:
mackenzie said:
America has been influencing Britain for the last century and more. It isn't a recent thing.

Stop copying me you! :)

Bugger off ya skanky welsh unwashed cross dressing smackhead!!

Anyway, we agree. x

To me Britishness is:
A feeling of frustration - why didn't I tell that teenage girl on the tram to turn down the music her iphone?
she was clearly annoying about 20 people and she knew it. She wanted the confrontation but all us 9-5 types didn't.
I just thought "can't be arsed opening my mouth, I'm getting off in 3 stops", as I presume most of the people did.

Britishness: frustration, apathy and anonymity

mackenzie said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
mackenzie said:

Stop copying me you! :)

Bugger off ya skanky welsh unwashed cross dressing smackhead!!

Anyway, we agree. x

I take offence at the Welsh bit, actually Hughes, Ched....OK I like it :)

Swales lives said:
To me Britishness is:
A feeling of frustration - why didn't I tell that teenage girl on the tram to turn down the music her iphone?
she was clearly annoying about 20 people and she knew it. She wanted the confrontation but all us 9-5 types didn't.
I just thought "can't be arsed opening my mouth, I'm getting off in 3 stops", as I presume most of the people did.

Bang on, add to that blaming everything on anyone but yourself and that is the modern Brit!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Swales lives said:
To me Britishness is:

Bang on, add to that blaming everything on anyone but yourself and that is the modern Brit!

Also add on some: mild cowardice with a sprinkle of jealousy. The perfect British dessert

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.