What is going wrong at the moment?

forevermancity

Reading everybodys opinions tonight on what's going wrong with us is interesting. Yes we are 2nd, and we have meen some BRILLANT football, but we havent looked like the top team we were at the start of the season since the new year

For me, Silva is burnt out, we missed creativity today and he doesnt look half the player he was 5 months ago

Are we too narrow like pundits are saying?

Why dont we get enough shots out, we seem to be trying to pass the ball into the back of the net ala Arsenal

Every club goes through a rough patch. This is ours. I expect United to have theirs in the coming matches or weeks.

Our players are a bit exhausted after all the competitions they played in. Mancini did make a few mistakes with his lineups a couple of times. He didn't rotate the team effectively. Nevertheless, sometimes the problem is uncontrollable. You just have to go with the tide and see where it takes you.

City will have another good spark before the end of the season. Whether that is enough for us to retake first place remains to be seen, though.

Masonicity said:
Every club goes through a rough patch. This is ours. I expect United to have theirs in the coming matches or weeks.

Our players are a bit exhausted after all the competitions they played in. Mancini did make a few mistakes with his lineups a couple of times. He didn't rotate the team effectively. Nevertheless, sometimes the problem is uncontrollable. You just have to go with the tide and see where it takes you.

City will have another good spark before the end of the season. Whether that is enough for us to retake first place remains to be seen, though.

I can see the pre-match and half-time talks: Go with the tide boys. See where it takes you.

Do you eat a lot of Chinese?

Masonicity said:

Don't hold your breath mate, theirs has been all season and they keep winning. I've enough United mates to know they haven't been great and it's not my blue tinted specs, but they keep winning despite not being fantastic and from now they are the favourites.

Comrade Buka said:
Masonicity said:

I can see the pre-match and half-time talks: Go with the tide boys. See where it takes you.

If this had been any other season, we would've still been in first place. We just have to deal with it. We're going through a rough patch and it'll all be over soon.

Come to think of it, telling the boys to go with the tide might relieve some of their pressure. One of the reasons why United were so successful was because Ferguson used to tell his players to enjoy themselves on the pitch.

Masonicity said:
Comrade Buka said:
Masonicity said:

If this had been any other season, we would've still been in first place. We just have to deal with it. We're going through a rough patch and it'll all be over soon.

Come to think of it, telling the boys to go with the tide might relieve some of their pressure. One of the reasons why United were so successful was because Ferguson used to tell his players to enjoy themselves on the pitch.

my guess and it is only that but its due to form/pressure which can be related, people are trying to blame individuals, the manager system etc... but it is too simplistic

if we finish second which i expect and the manager and coaching staff are here next season they have some big decisions to make with regards personel

It's the sort of thing that the more you tinker with ideas and theories the more it goes wrong. It's in situations like this that you have to tell the players to get on with it.

At the start of the season we were playing a much greater paced game. The passing was quicker and the biggest difference is that the shots were going in. Take today - there were three unchallenged headers, free headers, we missed the two we got and Sunderland scored the one they had. The Sunderland goalkeeper made two goalworthy saves in the first half, Joe got nowhere near the three Sunderland goals.

The bounce of the ball, the rub of the grass just isn't going for us lately.

And Silva is nothing like the player he was.

It's the time that 'faith' comes into its own!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.