What is going wrong at the moment?

I think what's going wrong at the moment is the forum has not seen enough cliches employed in their natural positions. Cliches such as stability, rough-patch, York away, time, shit-fans-short-memories, and the like offer a dynamism and tempo usually only seen when the likes of patience, spolit-brats, turning-into-rags etc. take to the site on cold, rainy, winter nights.

The players are being overly patient because they're scared of conceding. The team only throw a bit of caution to the wind when they go behind. This is not really
working and the goals are going in against us anyway. But I think that's what is happening, nonetheless. It's a much more sensible theory than saying the players have decided not to try.

Blue Haze said:
Part of it is tactics, but just look at the effort. Players half arsing it through 80 minutes and then turning up only for the last 10. That's mental.

Looks to me like he's close to losing the dressing room.

I can only imagine what the dressing room would be like in half time today, with a SAF or Mourinho at the helm.

Apparently Mancini forgot his hair dryer in Italy. Or he never had one. My bet is the latter.

Personally we need to go back to 4-2-3 -1 formation.
Back 4 then midfield of DeJong Barry with Yaya Silva and Nasri then Aguera or Mario up front. Yaya needs moving forward again to make his runs

Today we played 4 against there 5 in the middle and never got a foot hold in there.

The players think they are better than they are. You can rest when your 3 goals up - not until.

Also it seems we're not ready and or expecting teams to play out of their skins against us.

Look at Stoke, battle for their lives against us and the following game play crap and lose 2-0 to Wigan.

We're one of the biggest of scalps and we more often than not start the games very slowly which sets the pace for rest of the game.

Like someone else said we play with tempo and agression only when we go behind. The best form of defense is offense. We win games where we score first but we havn't been doing that:

Swansea : scored first
Chelsea : scored first
Stoke : scored first
Sunderland : scored first

Coupled with other factors like:

1/ Silva has gone missing
2/ Aguero is injured
3/ Nasri (probably our only really in-form player) is injured
4 /We have a few players who I must admit are simply average-good. Which is all well, but really we need to be recruiting more world class players.
5/ Psychological wear of the pressure coupled with the fact United simply are not dropping any points. Whether it's from a last gasp 3 pts at Norwich or Fulham being denied a stone wall pen. Everything seems to be dropping for them.

If we win against Arsenal next week then we've pulled it back somewhat. But to be honest everything just seems to be dropping for the rags at the moment, which is worrying.

And as a final comment, can I just say how negative the pundits on MOTD are about City. We are on course to finish as high as we ever have in the PL, and have broken all kinds of club records this season, but they just slag us off. But Chelsea, who could well not even qualify for the CL (which is a disaterous season from them), get all the plaudits? Go figure.

Hi first time poster here but I used to post years ago on another blue forum. ;)

I'm feeling gutted but resigned to this season fizzling out now.

However we should not feel bad about coming 2nd, but the worst thing is though that it is the Reds who are going to beat us and I am sick of seeing red 'mates' celebrating on facebook when we drop points. They are all acting like they were underdogs all season and we were dead certs which is absolute crock.

Given how far we have come - and contrary to some idiot pundits and reds money does not guarantee results - there is no point blamecasting now as it is hard to say what exactly has 'gone wrong', but we have a chance to learn from this high pressure situation and come back stronger mentally next season.

So bottom line is we have made incremental progress season-on-season for the last few years and that can only be a good thing.

I see no point in junking Mankini. I like the guy and you have to give him some le-way to get used to the EPL and stamp his personality into the club. We cannot become a Chelsea and junk managers willy nilly.

Regarding players. Silva has been a real disappointment the last month or so. I think he is injured or something. Balloteli could be magic but also a disaster long terms. Mankini must junk him if his talent does not out weight his negative effects on the team. SAF would not hesitate to do similar. As for Tevez please leave now. I genuinely think it was a communication problem not 'he refused to play' but the damage is done and he is a distraction. Johnson is lightweight and slow. De Jong doesn't offer much.

I really hope our Owners do not go and buy Ronaldo or something in the summer. I think we can have an awesome team with two or three shrewd signings in the right areas.

forevermancity said:
Reading everybodys opinions tonight on what's going wrong with us is interesting. Yes we are 2nd, and we have meen some BRILLANT football, but we havent looked like the top team we were at the start of the season since the new year

For me, Silva is burnt out, we missed creativity today and he doesnt look half the player he was 5 months ago

Are we too narrow like pundits are saying?

Why dont we get enough shots out, we seem to be trying to pass the ball into the back of the net ala Arsenal
With? Kolarov spent the entire game on the wing, and AJ played 45 mins on the right.

City had 17 corners. The majority coming from blocked crosses.

Sunderland had 3 efforts on goal and that 2nd goal killed us. It put us under pressure and we only started playing again after we got the 2nd. Poor defending cost us. And Kompany had a poor game.

You need luck at crucial moments and we haven't had it. But we didn't deserve any luck today. Deserved to get a kick in the teeth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.