What is going wrong at the moment?

Marvin said:
forevermancity said:
Reading everybodys opinions tonight on what's going wrong with us is interesting. Yes we are 2nd, and we have meen some BRILLANT football, but we havent looked like the top team we were at the start of the season since the new year

For me, Silva is burnt out, we missed creativity today and he doesnt look half the player he was 5 months ago

Are we too narrow like pundits are saying?

Why dont we get enough shots out, we seem to be trying to pass the ball into the back of the net ala Arsenal
With? Kolarov spent the entire game on the wing, and AJ played 45 mins on the right.

City had 17 corners. The majority coming from blocked crosses.

Sunderland had 3 efforts on goal and that 2nd goal killed us. It put us under pressure and we only started playing again after we got the 2nd. Poor defending cost us. And Kompany had a poor game.

You need luck at crucial moments and we haven't had it. But we didn't deserve any luck today. Deserved to get a kick in the teeth
But we had Dzeko making no attempt whatsoever to get on the end of said crosses and corners :/

Marvin said:
forevermancity said:
Reading everybodys opinions tonight on what's going wrong with us is interesting. Yes we are 2nd, and we have meen some BRILLANT football, but we havent looked like the top team we were at the start of the season since the new year

For me, Silva is burnt out, we missed creativity today and he doesnt look half the player he was 5 months ago

Why dont we get enough shots out, we seem to be trying to pass the ball into the back of the net ala Arsenal
With? Kolarov spent the entire game on the wing, and AJ played 45 mins on the right.

Sunderland had 3 efforts on goal and that 2nd goal killed us. It put us under pressure and we only started playing again after we got the 2nd. Poor defending cost us. And Kompany had a poor game.

You need luck at crucial moments and we haven't had it. But we didn't deserve any luck today. Deserved to get a kick in the teeth

Good post! I also see ppl blaming Mancini for the loss which ultimately is true since hes the boss so if the team doesnt perform, hes responsible, however I dont see what else he could have done with the formation and tactics today.

Can Mancini afford to start David Silva against Arsenal? He's been a passenger for a while now and there's no signs that that will change at Arsenal.

Same applies with Dzeko.

I'd play:

---------------------Hart------------------------
Richards-----Kompany-----Lescott----------Clichy
------------Barry---------Toure-----------------
-------------------Nasri-------------------------
Aguero------------Tevez------------------Johnson

That's providing Lescott, Nasri and Aguero are all fit, that is.

Mancini - ohhh said:
Marvin said:
forevermancity said:

Good post! I also see ppl blaming Mancini for the loss which ultimately is true since hes the boss so if the team doesnt perform, hes responsible, however I dont see what else he could have done with the formation and tactics today.

Personally I don't think playing 2 up top is a good idea when the 2 are so badly out of form.Logic to me would have been too make sure we had plenty of control of the game so that Sunderland weren't able to get at us so easily,press them back and make sure we score at least one goal.

Masonicity said:
Every club goes through a rough patch. This is ours. I expect United to have theirs in the coming matches or weeks.

Our players are a bit exhausted after all the competitions they played in. Mancini did make a few mistakes with his lineups a couple of times. He didn't rotate the team effectively. Nevertheless, sometimes the problem is uncontrollable. You just have to go with the tide and see where it takes you.

City will have another good spark before the end of the season. Whether that is enough for us to retake first place remains to be seen, though.

rough patches don't last half a fucking season.

Richards ---- Kompany --- Toure/Lescott ---- Clichy

-----------------------YaYa Toure---------------------

-------------Pizarro-----------------------------------

------------------------------Silva---------------------

Aguero-----------------------------------Balotelli/Nasri

----------------Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli------------------

4-3-3 Yaya DM / Pizarro CM/ Silva CAM
Aguero /Balotelli / Nasri on the wings.

We need positive clinical passers, none of this side to side backwards shit. Just think about it, Yaya as a DM, his creativity from that position would be more lethal than it is currently. He can bang from far as well as being solid defensively.

Pizarro is the type of player we need in the summer, that playmaker that can play in central midfield. everytime he got the ball against Sunderland he was positive and only went forward. He set the tempo for the others to follow and he forced the others through that to get those two goals, this position is not to be underestimated, Silva and Nasri CANNOT play this position.

Silva as a CAM, just off of Pizarro and the Striker. Him, Pizarro and Yaya would be very good at keeping that ball and each can pick out a pass, Silva playing slightly higher up can pick out that final pass, or get into the space, drift around or dribble past someone.

The wide players, preferably quick, good at dribbling, good at finishing. Just need to keep the passing simple, and be good at making runs, staying wide and dribbling. We can't always rely in the passing to get us goals, sometimes you need players that can rip past defenders to create an opening, If they can stay wide and make runs you have 3 players (Pizarro/Silva/Toure) that can pick them out to put them through, or if they can get a one on one chance with a defender there probably our best players that can beat the man consistently.

That line up is positive, it has plenty of goal scorers as well as a midfield that can dominate a game. As much as I love some of the players we have that I haven't included in that line up, some of them need to go. De Jong for example, great DM, but he's one dimensional. Just think about it for a second. Would you rather have him as a DM or Yaya? I don't think anyone will say that NDJ is a better player than Yaya, even as a DM Yaya would be better considering is pace and height.

Thats the type of tweaks our squad needs in the summer, until then though Mancini needs to think about is team selections more.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Mancini - ohhh said:
Marvin said:

Personally I don't think playing 2 up top is a good idea when the 2 are so badly out of form.Logic to me would have been too make sure we had plenty of control of the game so that Sunderland weren't able to get at us so easily,press them back and make sure we score at least one goal.
mancini said nasri was out due to family issue, but a Sunday match Report said he was injured. I assume mancini is right. Might not be the best game for nasri to play in.

Must win. Aguero and Dzeko would be my front pair, but seems like Aguero is an injury doubt. Bad luck to be without key players in ket games. Has happened in all our key games:

FA Cup 3rd Rd: Kompany Sent off
League Cup semi: No Kompany and they get 2 pens
Europa League: No Lescott and Kompany
Premiership run in: Injuries/Absence of more key players

Getting very pissed and wishing you lot would grow some, said I would not come upstairs for a year. I might just post a new topic get the ban hammer and be happy. How long have some of you been going we are city!!! live with it, enjoy it or fuck off for the plastic rag bastards you are. Have a good day;)

mike channon´s windmill said:
Marvin said:
forevermancity said:

But we had Dzeko making no attempt whatsoever to get on the end of said crosses and corners :/

Absolutely.The man who needs crosses yet gets nowhere near any of em when they arrive!

I think the article I read on here the other day about Mancini changing his strategy after we looked vulnerable at QPR has a lot to do with it.

I think its time to let teams attack us more now away and hit them on the break.

Johnson has looked average in recent weeks but he needs to be allowed to have a go at people.The constant turning back on himself and playing the easy ball has got to be down to Mancini instructung him to do this.

5 goals in 9 aways is shocking for a team chasing the title and needs sorting.

He might as well gamble on winning games 4-3 than hoping we nick a 1-0 which we dont appear to be good at. Talent will often prevail if you take the shackles off.

Its shit or bust now so nothing to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.