What Is lacking?

I’m pretty angry with Guardiola right now but that’s pathetic. He badly lacks the big game mentality but he’s second to none over a long season.

But that’s kinda the point of the thread I think.

Anyone with half a brain cell saw the starting lineup - especially with a certain forward player - and said “what the actual fuck Pep?”

Agreed. Leicester got the guy I wanted from Lille, Soumare. He will be class..
If they’ve just signed a DM, I’d throw £60mil at Ndidi. A world class DM who can do the job of 2 (like Fernandinho 17-19) makes the team so much more effective both defensively and offensively. Kante was outstanding tonight, and Ndidi could have 10 years of that. Rodri’s been decent this season, but I don’t see him becoming world class.

We definitely need 2 decent strikers.

Last night was all on Pep though.Pisses me off he wont admit he seriously fucked up.When every City fan in the World and every Sports pundit in MSM think he got it wrong.

Comes across deludedly arrogant.

Worries me how he is supposed to learn from mistakes in Europe next season when he thinks he never makes them to begin with.

You would think 4 champions League final defeats on the bounce would suggest otherwise to Pep..

We might have to wait until Pep is gone before winning the Champions League.

Weird how Pep short comings with us were mirrored exactly the same at Bayern.

Bayern dominated domestically during his leadership in Germany.

Yet in Europe they went out every season in the Champions League at the latter stages,losing 3 Champions League finals through naivety,and excessive tinkering.

That is why they were not that unhappy to see him go.They craved Champions League success.

No idea, the way we play though means when we get to the business end of the season we look knackered.
Other teams do too, but a fresher City could make all the difference in the champions league and give us that thing we are currently missing to get of that final hurdle.
I’m not sure how fresher we could have been. It wasn’t nothing to do with fitness and all to do with tactics and team selection. The players looked confused. The difference is Tuchel knows what his best team and has a plan. Guardiola has no clue what his best team is and flys by the seat of his pants with a false 9.

A manager that doesn't tinker with the 11 that we all knew could win us the game. There was nothing wrong with the tools. Play the 11 that we did in the second leg against PSG with a proper defensive midfielder and we would have probably won tonight and have had three trophies in the bag. In short, what is lacking is a manager who doesn't overthink things. Only one thing cost us tonight. Pep fucking Guardiola.

If we want to win PL(which is great) what we have is enough.Good quality and a ton of depth. But against the elite in cups competition, you need stars.
Chelsea don't have any stars. Kante, arguably, but he's a tough tackling midfielder, not a world class creative player or goalscorer. Let's be honest, it's actually pretty rare for the Champions League winner to also win their domestic league (unless it's a one-team league). The difference with a cup competition is if you come up against one team that happens to play a style that exploits your weaknesses, you're out of the competition. And that's happened a few times, often combined with Pep recognising this and then trying some mad tactic to contain them, rather than imposing our regular game on them.

Dont over complicate in big games. The quad was on this season but for some bizzaaaaar reason we played the second string v Chelsea in the FA Cup semi and tossed it off. Then tonight the only question we all wanted to know was Dhino or Rodri, and we end up playing neither and our most out of form player Sterling is in the team. ????!!!!!!?...

Enough said. It hurts my head to find a logic for this stupid line up and it will be for long while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.