What is ssn on about?

Soulboy said:
"He didnt want to come.Thats the crux of the whole thing!If City had offered a million /week he would not have come"

Actually, Kaka said the exact opposite!

He said money would not move him, but the challenge of a new "project" would.

SSN are quoting Kaka as saying he was all but signed up when City started fucking him about.

Whether that's true or not, only Cook can deny it and come out with the full story.

I hope Cook isn't the reason for yet another failed transfer deal, but I must admit I have little faith in his "man-management" skills!

If this is true then why is the deal dead?

Prestwich_Blue said:
projectriver said:
foreverblue said:
I believe Cook and City. There is no way that Cook and Pearce with there business acumen where not ready with a financial proposal to put to Kaka and his advisor's. Especially has it had been widely reported that Kaka's dad would fly to Milan for discussions should Milan give the go ahead for talks with City to begin.

Some people on this forum are wondering if it was all a publicity stunt by City. I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't a publicity stunt by Milan. Why do we need to pretend to sign someone like Kaka when we can afford to. Milan on the other hand are struggling financially and have an ageing team and the publicity surrounding this transfer is more valuable to them than us.

Sorry, but what do you believe? All City have said is the most cryptic and meaningless statement ever. And please remember Cook has no business acumen. He was a brand manager for a mildly important sub brand at Nike. He was a bizarre appointment at the time and its now ludicrous. That said, I'm not (yet) blaming him for the collapse.
Thaksin had to get someone. Comical Ali was a dead man walking from very early on and Gazidis turned him down saying he didn't want to move his family from the States (but then went to Arsenal). So he obviously smelt a rat.

It was clear early on that Cook "didn't do football" so Aldridge was brought in. I heard there was chaos as, whatever Mackintosh's failings he at least understood the financial side whereas Cook was completely lost. It is a bizarre statement though. Why not just say that we couldn't come to a satisfactory agreement. Who is the "wider City community"? Is this the new name for the fabled "fifth column"?

You dont bring in a guy like Cook purely because he knows Kia Jorabchian and works at Nike. It was a ridiculous appointment. We are where we are however.

Why didn't the club and Milan enter into a Non Disclosure Agreement with an agreed statement if the deal aborted? Kaka could have easily have been quoted as saying something like "Manchester City made me an attractive offer but, at this time, I have decided to stay with Milan. I wish Manchester City well with their project". Everybody could have walked away and looked at a deal again in 6 months or a year.

And one thing is 100% certain. Milan wanted to sell. They may have misjudged the Arabs and thought they could grab another £10m but they definitely wanted to sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.