What is ssn on about?

"He didnt want to come.Thats the crux of the whole thing!If City had offered a million /week he would not have come"

Actually, Kaka said the exact opposite!

He said money would not move him, but the challenge of a new "project" would.

SSN are quoting Kaka as saying he was all but signed up when City started fucking him about.

Whether that's true or not, only Cook can deny it and come out with the full story.

I hope Cook isn't the reason for yet another failed transfer deal, but I must admit I have little faith in his "man-management" skills!

Pam said:
Soulboy said:
AC Milan are reporting that the deal between the two clubs was agreed 8 DAYS AGO!

And all that had to be done was to convince Kaka. And Cook, apparently, cocked it up.

I have a feeling that it was City who changed the terms and tried to play hard ball. I get the impression that Cook thinks he's a clever bastard who can run rings around anyone in negotiations.

That's fair enough when you're dealing with BFS and RSC... but disastrous when dealing with Berlusconi and KaKa!!!

So that Ronaldinho and Kaka he's failed with. Gone by the end of the season I reckon...

What are you basing this on because if it were true, the owners would sack him and use someone else to reopen talks with Kaka

I am only going off what AC Milan are quoting on the news.

Garry Cook can easily deny all of it and come out with the full story. I think it's very important for him that he does that.

But until City come out with a plausible (and understandable!) reason for the deal collapsing, then AC Milan are going to get away with anything they say.

Tomorrow I expect Cook to talk to us in English rather than American business-speak and tell us the truth. Somehow I doubt that will happen...

Soulboy said:
"He didnt want to come.Thats the crux of the whole thing!If City had offered a million /week he would not have come"

SSN are quoting Kaka as saying he was all but signed up when City started fucking him about.

Whether that's true or not, only Cook can deny it and come out with the full story.

I hope Cook isn't the reason for yet another failed transfer deal, but I must admit I have little faith in his "man-management" skills!

Look. IF Kaka wanted to come and the Arabs have backed the deal, even Cook couldnt have fcked it up. And it still wouldnt be dead.

projectriver said:
Soulboy said:

Look. IF Kaka wanted to come and the Arabs have backed the deal, even Cook couldnt have fcked it up. And it still wouldnt be dead.

Agreed. Cook will have been operating under a pretty strict brief from ADUG so I cannot see him deviating from what had already been laid down. Cook/ADUG do have to make it clear why they broke off negotiations though especially if AC tried to stiff them for more money at the last minute which is highly likely in my opinion.

projectriver said:
Soulboy said:

You are so wrong!

Cook is the representation of Manchester City... to Kaka and AC MIlan, he IS Manchester City.

Why do you think negotiators at this level are paid millions? Because they pass over paperwork between the two owners?

No. They set the scene, sell the vision, handle the fine details, try to sell the club to the player.

Do you think if what is being reported from AC Milan about the negotiations is true that paints a good picture of our club?

We're trying to get him to leave AC Milan. We're trying to get him to join a club that hasn't won a trophy is 33 years. Don't you think he might need a bit of persuading? And don't you think having someone treating you like an idiot is the sort of club you want to join?

I hope it's all bullshit, but if it isn't heads have to roll.

Soulboy said:
projectriver said:
Soulboy said:

And kaka DIDNT want to come!end of

You are so wrong!

Cook is the representation of Manchester City... to Kaka and AC MIlan, he IS Manchester City.

Why do you think negotiators at this level are paid millions? Because they pass over paperwork between the two owners?

No. They set the scene, sell the vision, handle the fine details, try to sell the club to the player.

Do you think if what is being reported from AC Milan about the negotiations is true that paints a good picture of our club?

We're trying to get him to leave AC Milan. We're trying to get him to join a club that hasn't won a trophy is 33 years. Don't you think he might need a bit of persuading? And don't you think having someone treating you like an idiot is the sort of club you want to join?

paulsimpson said:
Soulboy said:
projectriver said:
Soulboy said:

And kaka DIDNT want to come!end of

You are so wrong!

Kaka didnt want to come.end of story!

Soulboy said:
projectriver said:
Soulboy said:

You are so wrong!

Firstly you havent read what I wrote. IF Kaka wanted to come, he'd be coming.

You dont let a £150m deal collapse in a petulant response to a missing piece of paper. Thats just bollocks. IF Kaka wanted to hear the vision sold to him, a) how come he didnt even meet Cook? and b) you couldn't say he "wanted to come" (yet).

And lets not convince ourselves Cook is a negotiation master. He has shown literally zero skill so far. I was a sceptic on Day 1 and his dealings, his statements, his interviews, his salary etc all convince me is a very fortunate man to be the CEO/Exec Chairman of the Arabs club.

Let me also be clear. I don't think Kaka wanted to come. Why would he aside from cash. Afterall he can always join The Project once we actually have a half decent team. Whats the rush for Kaka?

However, I dont see why a strange story/odd statements are being spun by both sides.

I believe Cook and City. There is no way that Cook and Pearce with there business acumen where not ready with a financial proposal to put to Kaka and his advisor's. Especially has it had been widely reported that Kaka's dad would fly to Milan for discussions should Milan give the go ahead for talks with City to begin.

Some people on this forum are wondering if it was all a publicity stunt by City. I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't a publicity stunt by Milan. Why do we need to pretend to sign someone like Kaka when we can afford to. Milan on the other hand are struggling financially and have an ageing team and the publicity surrounding this transfer is more valuable to them than us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.