What is ssn on about?

Gutted, but why are we so suprised he didn't want to come. We've just signed Bellamy - hardly a great sign of intent to add world-class players

They had no problems sorting terms out with Robinho and they only had a few hours with that never mind days!

Don't believe this bullshitter swansen hes a rag!

foreverblue said:
I believe Cook and City. There is no way that Cook and Pearce with there business acumen where not ready with a financial proposal to put to Kaka and his advisor's. Especially has it had been widely reported that Kaka's dad would fly to Milan for discussions should Milan give the go ahead for talks with City to begin.

Some people on this forum are wondering if it was all a publicity stunt by City. I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't a publicity stunt by Milan. Why do we need to pretend to sign someone like Kaka when we can afford to. Milan on the other hand are struggling financially and have an ageing team and the publicity surrounding this transfer is more valuable to them than us.

agreed!

projectriver said:
Soulboy said:
stony said:
So you all believe the spin coming from Milan and Sky rather than the clubs official line. Something isn't right, but Cook is no fucking mug and I don't for one minute believe he was unprepared.
Get a grip lads FFS

Sorry mate, but what is the club's official line?

I read Cook's statement and I didn't understand a fuckin' word of what he was trying to say!

Did you? If so, please explain...

The City statement is utter gibberish. Its not English. The deal could NEVER work financially or commercially and the nonsense about "wider community". IF Milan moved the goal posts we should be pushing that line hard as it shows we will not be messed around. I doubt this is about Cook et al not being "ready" - thats just not plausible (and I dont rate Cook from what I have seen). BUT somethings not quite right here.

Drivel is what it is and no bugger is making any sense on either side.

foreverblue said:
I believe Cook and City. There is no way that Cook and Pearce with there business acumen where not ready with a financial proposal to put to Kaka and his advisor's. Especially has it had been widely reported that Kaka's dad would fly to Milan for discussions should Milan give the go ahead for talks with City to begin.

Some people on this forum are wondering if it was all a publicity stunt by City. I am beginning to wonder if it wasn't a publicity stunt by Milan. Why do we need to pretend to sign someone like Kaka when we can afford to. Milan on the other hand are struggling financially and have an ageing team and the publicity surrounding this transfer is more valuable to them than us.

Sorry, but what do you believe? All City have said is the most cryptic and meaningless statement ever. And please remember Cook has no business acumen. He was a brand manager for a mildly important sub brand at Nike. He was a bizarre appointment at the time and its now ludicrous. That said, I'm not (yet) blaming him for the collapse.

projectriver said:
foreverblue said:

Sorry, but what do you believe? All City have said is the most cryptic and meaningless statement ever. And please remember Cook has no business acumen. He was a brand manager for a mildly important sub brand at Nike. He was a bizarre appointment at the time and its now ludicrous. That said, I'm not (yet) blaming him for the collapse.

What I can't get my head around is why Kaka has let it get to this stage and that time of night to say "No deal"?

Something has definitely happened here apart from Kaka just deciding to stay because he loves the fans. It has been rumbling on for a couple of weeks now and got to the stage today where there was scheduled meetings between all parties involved, including Bosco Leite cutting short his holiday.

The fans have ben on the edge of riot and Kaka has not said a word!

This will all come out in the wash but I certainly don't believe it is as simple as you suggest that, if he wanted to come, he would've.

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
projectriver said:
foreverblue said:

What I can't get my head around is why Kaka has let it get to this stage and that time of night to say "No deal"?

Something has definitely happened here apart from Kaka just deciding to stay because he loves the fans. It has been rumbling on for a couple of weeks now and got to the stage today where there was scheduled meetings between all parties involved, including Bosco Leite cutting short his holiday.

The fans have ben on the edge of riot and Kaka has not said a word!

This will all come out in the wash but I certainly don't believe it is as simple as you suggest that, if he wanted to come, he would've.

Something must have happened? It sounds more like not enough happened. What is Kaka claiming to be "frustrated" about?

Trueblue from CM said:
argyle said:
Basically they are saying that san siro sources told him that kaka got ****ed off at being messed about by city, cook didn't even have contract terms with him, given an hour to go and get them and didn't return in time, kaka felt he was being used by city. General terms agreed 8 days ago, city have messed about ever since.

Cook will get the sack if this was down to him.

If it wasn't done on purpose?

Doesn't matter.

projectriver said:
foreverblue said:

Thaksin had to get someone. Comical Ali was a dead man walking from very early on and Gazidis turned him down saying he didn't want to move his family from the States (but then went to Arsenal). So he obviously smelt a rat.

It was clear early on that Cook "didn't do football" so Aldridge was brought in. I heard there was chaos as, whatever Mackintosh's failings he at least understood the financial side whereas Cook was completely lost. It is a bizarre statement though. Why not just say that we couldn't come to a satisfactory agreement. Who is the "wider City community"? Is this the new name for the fabled "fifth column"?

projectriver said:
You dont let a £150m deal collapse in a petulant response to a missing piece of paper. Thats just bollocks. IF Kaka wanted to hear the vision sold to him, a) how come he didnt even meet Cook? and b) you couldn't say he "wanted to come" (yet).

And lets not convince ourselves Cook is a negotiation master. He has shown literally zero skill so far. I was a sceptic on Day 1 and his dealings, his statements, his interviews, his salary etc all convince me is a very fortunate man to be the CEO/Exec Chairman of the Arabs club.

Let me also be clear. I don't think Kaka wanted to come. Why would he aside from cash. Afterall he can always join The Project once we actually have a half decent team. Whats the rush for Kaka?

However, I dont see why a strange story/odd statements are being spun by both sides.

We're coming up with all these ideas for what went wrong etc...

We've been dealing with Berlusconi!

Someone on Sky said something about City speaking to them on the phone after going to the airport. Why would they be at the airport?!! "Just a minute Kaka we're just nipping to the airport.... back in a jiffy!!" WTF??? They'd gone! They'd bailed out.

Why was it announced on Berlusconi's site that the deal was going through when he already knew it wasn't? Then 5 minutes later he saves the day & Kaka stays??

We were dealing with Berlusconi. Let's not make that mistake again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.