What Makes You Proud To Be British?

Noooooo, exhibit A.

87025446_101980168071612_1006161909461811200_n.jpg

WTF is a ‘rag pudding’?

And I’m guessing they’re not talking about Luke Shaw.

Your definition of culture is largely administrative arrangements. The rest has changed significantly in my lifetime. We are way more informal. (Christian/forenames the norm, which used to be unthinkable. Much more touchy/feely. It's now quite common for men to hug one another in greeting. This just did not happen fifty years ago. Many men now wear cosmetics - used to be nowt but soap, and maybe aftershave on special occasions. Even funerals are less formal and less religious than they were.)

So what we have is a mixture of admin policy (some of it guided by law, like shop opening) and a fluid social tradition that is unrecognisable from what it was when I was a boy. And given another fifty years, it will have changed again.

How interesting! My idea of an 'uncultured' person is someone who is uninterested in the arts and/or intellectual pursuits.

However, it's a matter of definition and I know of no one with the authority to speak ex-cathedra on this matter.
right! ... culture is something too boring to be called entertainment....simple

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.