What more do City need to change to challenge for the title?

Yes we could have gone gung-ho and lost in the last minute.

If we can get hard fought draws against the top teams and then thrash the lower teams then we will get a Champions League spot.

It's all very well to say we can win the premiership.

Lets walk before we run.

Getting a top four spot with the team we have and the attitude of some of the players would suit me fine.

we need a top class striker . we rely to much on tevez, and we need some pace as barry yaya and ndj are to slow. good players but playing all 3 leaves us with a very pedestrian midfield

More time playing together. And sell the surplus to requirement, before they lose value due to years of not even riding pine. 32 players plus 6 out on a loan is too much.

Stick to a core of 15 or so, with a few (7 or 8) to replace in case of injury, and play with them for another year, and it will be a top team, no doubts in my mind.

We're still in it, we just need to not lose games we shouldn't be losing. Today was not a bad result at all. We lost both league derbies last season.

We shouldn't be aiming for fourth, we can do better than that and t's more sensible to aim higher and then if you aim for the moon and miss you still land among the Cl place-shaped stars.

Winning it this year would require others slipping up, but it's a long season.

- i guess silva is taking the role of the play maker
- definitely we should move the ball faster
- with balotelli maturing, we should get a decent team

beziersblue said:
Yes we could have gone gung-ho and lost in the last minute.

If we can get hard fought draws against the top teams and then thrash the lower teams then we will get a Champions League spot.

It's all very well to say we can win the premiership.

Lets walk before we run.

Getting a top four spot with the team we have and the attitude of some of the players would suit me fine.

I understand how that philosophy could work but we're NOT thrashing lower teams. Not only that but we're not putting in good performances either.

If Balotelli hadn't been such a headcase and gotten sent off, he would have made a very big difference as the third attacker, as while Milner put in an excellent shift, he should be deployed further back IMO, in a Barry-esque position.

dctid said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Or are we at the stage we should expect to be with our current players, challenging for a top 3 spot?

need the midfield players to score - not enough goals come from these players

Hi Andy Grey!<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
If Balotelli hadn't been such a headcase and gotten sent off, he would have made a very big difference as the third attacker, as while Milner put in an excellent shift, he should be deployed further back IMO, in a Barry-esque position.

Milner should have player in Yaya's position with AJ starting in place on Balo

Time, the correct attitude and luck.

Talking about us needing more players is ridiculous. We have one of the strongest squads on the planet.

I couldn't agree more with commentators who said that Manchester City is like the slowest team in league, other games we still looked kind of decent, but today comparing to United we were just wow.

I hope when we get back Mario we cross the field a bit faster, if not oh well. I know we have spent shitloads of money on Barry/Milner/Yaya, but with every day that passes it seems more and more likely that in the end with this manager or other(I love Mancini and I would want that he stays forever with us, his name fits so well with ManCity :D) we are gonna play Tevez/Mario and in middlefield AJ,De Jong, Silva and one of the trio Yaya/Milner/Barry, otherwise we seriously lack pace, creativity and what else not :(
I just pray to God, that there doesn't come another manager spends another 100million or so pounds and here we go again.

I have always loved city, when we played like shite, got relegated, but at least we played some nice,exciting footy, but lately we have been playing quite boring to watch football. Hopefully when Balo gets back, we will shine and I hope I didn't offend anyone who loves all three Milner, Barry, Yaya on the field at the same time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.