What one change could have most positive impact?

1)Joe Hart to play every game til the end of the season Willy isnt good enough

2) Mangala to play every game till the end of the season (if fit) we've invested £32 million on him everyone says he needs time the only way he's going to get used to the premier league is to play in it

3) A lot have suggested we need Bale whilst I agree he'd be great I dont think we'd get him and I also think we will be going for Reus from Dortmund in the summer .In the meantime give Barker a go put him on the bench bring him on blood him in you never know sometimes its time like these when young players make a name for themselves

4) Get Navas to stop cutting inside and his main objective must be to run the left back ragged and get into the box with the ball as quick as possible as his pace should cause havoc

5) Something about corners as well but can't think

Fanny Fart said:
Force the singing sections to do some singing for once

Why not try this:

Txiki and Soriano do the centre half pairing,
the singing section does corners and set piece defending,
Navas could do some singing for once
and Pellers cares about the bloody Metrolink out to Ashton.

Someone wrote 'Yaya' as a simple answer and that's near enough what I was thinking.

When Yaya is not on song, we don't have anyone capable of playing in a similar way and that position becomes the albatross around the neck of the replacement mid.

Too scared to attempt a dribble forward, too scared to support Silva. That's crucial to the middle, otherwise DS is trying to weave impossible magic all the time, when all he needs is the pivotal outlet; give and go.

Basically, we need a mid to keep Yaya on his toes.

noely said:
1)Joe Hart to play every game til the end of the season Willy isnt good enough

2) Mangala to play every game till the end of the season (if fit) we've invested £32 million on him everyone says he needs time the only way he's going to get used to the premier league is to play in it

3) A lot have suggested we need Bale whilst I agree he'd be great I dont think we'd get him and I also think we will be going for Reus from Dortmund in the summer .In the meantime give Barker a go put him on the bench bring him on blood him in you never know sometimes its time like these when young players make a name for themselves

4) Get Navas to stop cutting inside and his main objective must be to run the left back ragged and get into the box with the ball as quick as possible as his pace should cause havoc

5) Something about corners as well but can't think

spot on with 1-4.

A couple of players in the summer who can add pace to our attacks.

We lack a dynamic when going forward. Slow Slow tappy tappy slow needs some pace injection at times.

City1974 said:

We lack a dynamic when going forward. Slow Slow tappy tappy slow needs some pace injection at times.

Fact is we had that last season we had Navas. This season we've got 'Navas'. Now a lot of cobblers has been talked about him, and I think he's taken an absurd amount of slagging off on this forum, but I do have this criticism. I don't know if he's been actually told to do this, or what, but how many times this season have we seen Navas set out on one of those pacy runs, only to stop, check back, and very often pass the ball inside or even backwards? I can't understand it. He's quick — very quick. It's simple. All I want him to do is what he was good at last season. He goes down the outside of his man, and doesn't faff about, he whips those balls in, varying high crosses with low balls across the face of goal, and waits for havoc to happen.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
City1974 said:

Fact is we had that last season we had Navas. This season we've got 'Navas'. Now a lot of cobblers has been talked about him, and I think he's taken an absurd amount of slagging off on this forum, but I do have this criticism. I don't know if he's been actually told to do this, or what, but how many times this season have we seen Navas set out on one of those pacy runs, only to stop, check back, and very often pass the ball inside or even backwards? I can't understand it. He's quick — very quick. It's simple. All I want him to do is what he was good at last season. He goes down the outside of his man, and doesn't faff about, he whips those balls in, varying high crosses with low balls across the face of goal, and waits for havoc to happen.

Nobody to cross to high, nobody near post low. All he can see is defenders.

Only Jovetic bothers to run in to the near post, & he only does it occasionally. Navas has picked him out doing that, as has Clichy on the other side. If someone got in front of the defender near post, half of Navas' crosses would hit them. Negredo often did that, & also attacked the 6 yard box, both of which leaves space behind, & he generally caused a lot of chaos in the penalty area. That gave Navas more options for crosses. Other people such as Dzeko started to run into those areas & either score or create space & of course Negredo offered the option of a higher ball in, which he attacked, rather than being stationary & waiting for it to come to him like Dzeko often does . Dzeko picked up a lot fron Negredo imo & has now fogotten most of it.

If the Beast had remained focused on City, we would have won the league earlier & be top of it now. Unfortunately his season ended this time last year.

Hopefully Bony will have a similar impact. Not sure he will change the near post fiasco, but he will ask for the ball straight down his throat in the middle of the box, & if it goes in there, he will put some serious force into winning it.

ONE thing? rediscover the home fortress mentality, the away form is good this year. Find that and we'd be in all cups and top of the league by a way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.