What players do you remember and what players do you forget that you remember?

Read that England Women's Cricketer, Kate Cross's dad, David Cross played for us in the 1982/83 season. I can't remember that at all.

Read that England Women's Cricketer, Kate Cross's dad, David Cross played for us in the 1982/83 season. I can't remember that at all.
Cross had been decent at West Ham but came to us later in his career and as a replacement for Francis. Seem to recall he left before the end of the season despite being top scorer when he might have nabbed a goal or 2 that may have won extra point(s) that could have kept us up.

I've just realised I had forgotten Nolito.

I followed this link https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/manchester-united-away-classic-highlights-2016-63829936 and spotted we had a No.9 playing sort of left wing/inside left - just couldn't think who he would be and as he never touched the ball in any of the clips, he doesn't get a mention from the commentator. So looked up the squad for that season and it is Nolito. Even with that information at hand I still can't remember him playing for us!

Cross had been decent at West Ham but came to us later in his career and as a replacement for Francis. Seem to recall he left before the end of the season despite being top scorer when he might have nabbed a goal or 2 that may have won extra point(s) that could have kept us up.
Was a decent player in his day, think he dis-appeared to the american league followed by Steve Kinsey a few years later when they had turned it into a glorified five a side league played indoors. Did'nt we end up with Ivan Golac on loan that year ? Had high hopes for any foreign players as a kid we signed like Deyna (he was no Deyna) but he just dissappeared.

Quite liked Kiki, remember he was quite popular with the City fans. Looking back I actually thought he got quite a few goals for us but only scored 4 times apparently!
Ones I do remember were a last minute winner against Liverpool and that one against Boro when our Keeper David James went upfront and Fowler missed the last min penalty .
His name was Kris!

I was at Tottenham in 86 or 87 when we won and Big Mark scored. Early Guvnors days. Night game.
From memory that was the last away game we won for bloody ages ! Early 1986.Can't remember too many other goals, got a couple in the Full Members Cup final at Wembley a couple of months later.
Big Mark was a 'big lad' for a footballer, obviously 'normal size' for 'normal people' (whatever normal is) but I think the club nutritionists/dieticians would be on his case these days! He was a blue, always gave his all, but wasn't really that great in truth was he!

Alan Kernaghan, Andy (the drill) Hill, Jamie pollock, Wayne biggins, Ben thatcher, Lee badbuy, buster philips (the first ever £10m player. Lolz)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.