What players do you remember and what players do you forget that you remember?

Rick Holden - deceptively slower than he looked...
Robert Hopkins - nasty sh8te
Carl Bradshaw - swapped for Imre Varidi - who was himself a swap for the aforementioned nasty sh*te Hopkins... and a much better player than either Bradshaw or Hopkins.
Tony Grealish...? the 'new Gerry Gow' at the time lol!
and best of all....
Gerry Creaney. Oh dear.

Colin viljoen. Think we signed him from Ipswich,, To this day I have no idea why, but then, he’s not the only one Nigel Clough anyone?…

Crocky Santa Cruz. Hard to decide who was the biggest sick note striker out of him and Jovetic.

Actually I've just checked - even Jovetic played more than Crocky. But the winner is... Valeri Bojinov with 11 games in 3 years!
Use to call Santa Cruz the ""Prancing Pony".
As a sub, he used to parade along the touchline like a horse doing dressage.
Think he had one good season at Blackburn , but didn't we sign him when he was "croqued" ?

Gerard Wiekins, Lee Bradbury, in those glory days of the Swailes days. Wiekins was good, relative to the rest of the team.

Always remember going to Newcastle away on new years day circa 1993. We lost 2-0 both goals scored by Andy Cole but the reason I remember that match is seeing Shutt and Brian Kilcline chasing for a ball. Kilcline got there first but it was literally like watching football in slow motion. Will never forget it.
Reminds me of Alan Kernaghan at Coventry away. 4-0 loss with Big Alan making Mick Quinn look like Linford Christie!

Michael Frontzeck and Michel Vonk!!!!!!​

Both did not last very long at Maine Road!!!!!
Michel 'oh Vonky Wonky,' Vonk was a fairly decent central defender from memory (we've had a lot worse) My main memory of him was when he scored at QPR in the FA Cup.
The atmosphere in the away section that day was fantastic ,one of the best atmospheres I can remember. A lot of us were convinced we were on our way to the Cup Final that day, which we were....20 years later!
Michael Frontzeck...oh dear, I agree with you on that one, he really wasn't very good at City was he!!!

Michel 'oh Vonky Wonky,' Vonk was a fairly decent central defender from memory (we've had a lot worse) My main memory of him was when he scored at QPR in the FA Cup.
The atmosphere in the away section that day was fantastic ,one of the best atmospheres I can remember. A lot of us were convinced we were on our way to the Cup Final that day, which we were....20 years later!
Michael Frontzeck...oh dear, I agree with you on that one, he really wasn't very good at City was he!!!
Actually it was 18 years later wasn't it, still a long, long wait though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.