what players would you pick for the derby if Ade gets banned

Same team as saturday except for petrov coming in for ade and bellers moving upfront. We are going to miss ade upfront big time. with just Bellers upfront we are not going to be able to keep hold of the ball for long periods, its going to be very much backs against the wall and hope to hit them with quick breaks. How brilliant would it be though to say we beat them at the swamp with 100mill of striking talent missing.

....................given....................
richards.....toure....lescott.....bridge

..........de jong.......barry.............
...................ireland................... (if hes fit, if not then play johnson, zabaleta or weiss)
swp................................petrov (if tevez is fit then play him instead of swp)
..................bellamy...................

still, its a very good team.

will rsc be able to play a few mins? hughes said a bit ago that he was getting better fast.

Assuming the regular 'keeper and back four, I would then go;
NDJ
SWP----Barry----Petrov
Ireland
Bellamy

Or possibly bring Nigel up to make a regular midfield four.

Pollerz said:
Irelands not 100 percent so..

Given

Richards toure lescott bridge

weiss swp barry dejong petrov

bellerz.

Bringing Ireland on for weiss after about 60 mins if hes fit enough and moving shauny to the right..

also depends on if tevez can play any part so.....
I agree with this. What we lack in weight, we can make up for in speed. We can't go toe-to-toe with their DM's or CBs, so we might as well try to go around them and Bellamy play right off the shoulder and pray he gets his timing right.

Actually. I have no idea :-(.

---------------------Given
------Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge
-----------Ireland--De Jong--Barry-------
----SWP--------------------------------Bellamy
---------------------Santa---------------------

A lot relies on RSC being fit for the game, he's perfect for what we need. That midfield must start, and Bellamy must not play upfront on his own, he'll get murdered.

Zickler said:
We mut get a point at least from this fixture... we must not lose this game
Who the feck do you think you are talking such crap? It's only one game out of an entire season. If we lose, we can blame the FA. If we get anything, it will be a bonus. It's a win-win scenario as far as I can tell. No great shakes if we cannot beat them with virtually our entire strike force missing...and we will still have our game in hand.

Given, Bridge, Lescott, Toure, Richards, De Jong, Barry, Petrov, Ireland, SWP, Bellamy.

Subs: Taylor, Zabaleta, Sylvinho, Onouha, Weiss, Tevez, Benjani.

In terms of attacking back-up, we don't have much option. Bring Weiss on in the second half to inject some fresh legs into the game. If we are winning bring on Zab or Onouha, bring Tevez on for last 10 minutes :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.