What problems will Covid solve ?

repossessions/homeless numbers to ramp up, then rocket as brexit applies the coup de grace. Much more severe than previous meltdowns. Life expectancy to continue it's downward trend of the last decade. Many pension funds will founder, the FTSE will bump along sub-2000, allotments and food banks for half the population.
With Trump's finger on the nuclear button, and his links to the Kremlin, plus the common enemy being an ever more belligerent China, add to that the coordinated
rise of far-right populists...... Looming over all is climate failure, a climate that keeps three-quarters of the population of Earth fed on rice, maize cattle etc. all of them depending on things staying the same, such as rainfall, sea level, seasons even.
Optimism looks more and more like whistling in the dark, fingers crossed. Amen...

Fuck me, you're a ray of sunshine aren't you :)

Globalisation is finished.
global tourism will be much lower.
schengen is meaningless as is the EU. Note that all nations closed borders and are bringing people home from around the globe.
Countries have banned export of medical equipment the moment this started, borders went up straight away.
The world will be very different and I think probably for the better. I expect manufacturing to become much more local and that will be good for the UK.
The airline industry will look very different.
I wonder how long it will be before holidays do take off literally again, I think most people will be wary of going abroad for a year or two and there will be less planes etc to take them. After such a long lay off everyone will need to requalify I suppose. When we get our refund we will be finishing off the back garden, then waiting until 2022 to go to Disney world, unless they have a huge mark down to encourage people to go.

I wonder how long it will be before holidays do take off literally again, I think most people will be wary of going abroad for a year or two and there will be less planes etc to take them. After such a long lay off everyone will need to requalify I suppose. When we get our refund we will be finishing off the back garden, then waiting until 2022 to go to Disney world, unless they have a huge mark down to encourage people to go.
I might look for last minute airline tickets but it'll be a while before I book far in advance

Agreed, one thing that this crisis has shown is the when a Government needs to find money it can, the wages for nurses and support staff over the years has been nothing short of shamefull.
Yes but it's always a balancing act. Just go look at the self employed thread and ask yourself who's shoes you would rather be in right now. Or those of us who have been made redundant. Governments around the world will have to find a way of funding all of this and rebuilding economies around the globe. It's going to be a tough few years for everyone.

repossessions/homeless numbers to ramp up, then rocket as brexit applies the coup de grace. Much more severe than previous meltdowns. Life expectancy to continue it's downward trend of the last decade. Many pension funds will founder, the FTSE will bump along sub-2000, allotments and food banks for half the population.
With Trump's finger on the nuclear button, and his links to the Kremlin, plus the common enemy being an ever more belligerent China, add to that the coordinated
rise of far-right populists...... Looming over all is climate failure, a climate that keeps three-quarters of the population of Earth fed on rice, maize cattle etc. all of them depending on things staying the same, such as rainfall, sea level, seasons even.
Optimism looks more and more like whistling in the dark, fingers crossed. Amen...

Fucking hell you miserable get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.