What season was your first game?

My first game was Huddersfield away, my mates dad took us it was a mid week game and we won 3-0 I was about 12 i think hooked ever since.

manclad said:
bluestevei said:
i carnt remember if it was bolton away league cup[ lost 3-0] or sheff utd away drew 3-3 or leeds away lost 3-0 but i think that all those games was in 1974, there again bolton could have been 1973

We got beat by Bolton in the League Cup at Burnden in 1971.(I know the date cos I was still at school and I left school in 1972).
Absolute mayhem around the ground and near Bolton train station after the game.

so my first game was bolton away and we lost 3-0 and a city fan scored a hatrick

98/99 season home to wrexham, dire game but I loved the atmosphere and couldnt keep sat down. From an early age it was with me, it was in my blood anyway, but after that it stuck and Ive never looked back.

becomingparanoid said:
1959 I was ten and went with three mates and twin. The good old days when ten year olds could get on a bus to town walk across town to Aytoun street for the football specials and go to matches without being in danger. I haven't a clue what game but it must have been good I have been going ever since.

1956 Blackpool. Dave Ewing was man of the Match according to Steve Bruce's grandad. I was nine. You could get a bus into town, a footy special, footy special back to Piccadilly, bus home, programme and in for two bob.

johnny crossan said:
nevblue said:
1952 Charlton at Maine Road I was 8

Shouldn't you be in an underground box or sprinkled round a rose bush?

Ageism is alive and well on Bluemoon! Johnny Crossan, by my reckoning is just a bit older than me but may not yet be picking up his old age pension. His biggest problem would be how to pay for the next 35 seasons' season tickets! Hey Johnny, do you remember Big Dave Ewing's own goals?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
johnny crossan said:
Shouldn't you be in an underground box or sprinkled round a rose bush?

Ageism is alive and well on Bluemoon! Johnny Crossan, by my reckoning is just a bit older than me but may not yet be picking up his old age pension. His biggest problem would be how to pay for the next 35 seasons' season tickets! Hey Johnny, do you remember Big Dave Ewing's own goals?

Chained him under the stand and fed him raw meat all week. No wonder he didn't care which end he scored!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.