What the ''Experts'' Predicted for 2011/2012

bluedan

Just goes to show these Pundits no very little.

Jeff Stelling:
Champions: Man Utd
Second: Man City
Third: Liverpool
Fourth: Chelsea
Fifth: Arsenal
Bottom three: QPR, Blackburn, Wigan
Top scorer: Wide open, but I'd say Luis Suarez
Best buy: Shay Given
Worst buy: Let's wait and see...
First manager to go: Warnock, Kean and Pardew are in the most danger

I'm looking forward to... encouraging Tiss to change his regular tipple of Malibu and Coke to something more manly!

Matt Le Tissier:
Champions: Chelsea
Second: Man Utd
Third: Man City
Fourth: Arsenal
Fifth: Tottenham
Bottom three: Swansea, Norwich, Wigan
Top scorer: Wayne Rooney
Best buy: Sergio Aguero
Worst buy: Stewart Downing (overpriced at £20m)
First manager to go: Roberto Mancini

I'm looking forward to... seeing all the new talent that's come in over the summer. There's a lot of international stars arriving and I'm interested to see how they fit in. Lukaku sounds like an exciting prospect for Chelsea, I'd like to see how David de Gea does regularly for Man Utd and Sergio Aguero should be a big hit if he settles in quickly.

Paul Merson:
Second: Chelsea
Third: Man City (but lower if Tevez goes)
Fifth: Liverpool
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Norwich
Top scorer: Fernando Torres
Best buy: Charles N'Zogbia
Worst buy: Jordan Henderson's price was OTT
First manager to go: Alan Pardew, but I honestly hope nobody goes

I'm looking forward to... the first season in Premier League history when any of six teams can win it. Harry says Spurs have no chance, but they will be around; you'd like to think Liverpool are back; Arsenal will wipe the floor with teams on their day; Man City are there and Man United and Chelsea are definitely up there. They can all cause problems for each other and it's massive game after massive game every week. Plus there's about nine teams that could go down. As a neutral, that's brilliant.

Phil Thompson:

Third: Liverpool
Fourth: Man City
Fifth: Arsenal (assuming Fabregas and Nasri leave)
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Wigan (but Newcastle will be in the mix)
Top scorer: Javier Hernandez
Best buy: Charlie Adam could be a bargain
Worst buy: Too early to say!
First manager to go: Too harsh to say!

I'm looking forward to... as a Liverpool fan I'd say Luis Suarez. I think he was the snip of last season at £22m because of the unpredictability and excitement he brings. Goals, assists... he gives you everything. I look forward to going to Anfield more than ever to see him play and other fans feel the same. That's because he can do something out of the ordinary and put bums on seats.

Charlie Nicholas:
Third: Man City
Fifth: Tottenham
Bottom three: QPR, Swansea, Wigan
Top scorer: Javier Hernandez
Best buy: David de Gea
Worst buy: Sergio Aguero isn't value for money
First manager to go: Neil Warnock

I'm looking forward to... the fact we have a genuine top six. We always judge the Premier League on the points total, but it's getting lower for the champions because the teams around them are getting stronger. Liverpool have got better this summer and I'm sure Spurs and Arsenal will do so before the window closes. It's such a good competition between the top six and I'm so excited about that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Le tissier at least got closer than some of the others.

Apart from the first manager to go!

In truth I just think it shows the random nature of punditry. Dont think anyone could have predicted the way that the season would have turned out

This shows either

1) The pundits are shit
2) They hate us
3) Or we have surprised so many people.

What do you think?

Only three of the thirty BBC pundits/journalists polled at the beginning of the season had City to win it, and one of those was Ian Cheeseman. The other two, for anyone who's interested, were Dan Walker and Dan Roan, who is now persona non grata at City after his Vieira interview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14388154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14388154</a>

Ric said:
Only three of the thirty BBC pundits/journalists polled at the beginning of the season had City to win it, and one of those was Ian Cheeseman. The other two, for anyone who's interested, were Dan Walker and Dan Roan, who is now persona non grata at City after his Vieira interview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14388154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14388154</a>

Lol, forgotten he did that hatchet job.

I think it was sometime around the end of October that we became bookies favourites to win the title. Something must have happened around then to make us favourites, but I just can't remember what it was...

EDIT

It's probably not air to laugh at Lawro - but it's great fun.

MARK LAWRENSON, FOOTBALL FOCUS
1 Man Utd 2 Man City 3 Chelsea 4 Liverpool

"Sir Alex Ferguson always gets the pre-season training right to gear United up for their traditional strong finish at the end of season. They have got a squad to cope with all the cup competitions, and the Champions League, and real competition for players and a winning mentality too.

"They have got the best team, the best squad and the best manager. Basically, they have got the lot."

roffle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.