What things do you remember from Maine Road?

Good days
5-1 against the shit

Drop kicking andy nicholl in the head mid 80's outside the Claremont hate that twat with vengeance

eddie large on the subs bench
Bad days
Going down in 83 against Luton

Kippax being pulled down

Peter swales

Used to stand midway up on the Kippax stand when Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Glyn Pardoe, Tony Book, Mickey Doyle, Nelly Young, Tony Coleman were playing etc. I remember Harry Dowd was in goal for the very first game I ever attended.

One of my most graphic memories was playing Everton one winter night and it was a shitty game. Lots of petty fouls by both sides. When City scored near the end of the game, I remember being swept forward about 15 yards without my feet touching ground!! Scary but exhilarating! After that the crowd cheered for every City pass when they were playing keepaway so Everton hardly had a touch in the last ten minutes.

One of my negative memories of Maine Road were the nasty toilets. One look/sniff and I just turned around and managed to "hold it" until the end of the game.

It's funny how so many remember the smell. Nostalgists can recreate it at home quite easily. Get a bucket and place some horseshit and piss in it. Add a cheap, cooked meat and potatoe pie. Stir. Light a cigar and blow the smoke in from a few drags, then cover. Drink 12 pints of bitter and when the beer farts come, drop one or preferably two big ones into the scent bucket.

Open the bucket when you feel nostalgic and hey presto, you are back at Maine Road. I wonder if the club would be interested in producing a spray which replicates this?

black mamba said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
black mamba said:
Said Bertie Mee to Joe Harvey
have ya heared of the North Bank , Highbury?
No said Joe , i don't think so
but i've heard of the Kippax , Maine Road!

xbekud.jpg
Nicks sports shoes. LOL.

What year was this btw?

Not really sure ...... i've a feeling that it might be the 1985 Charlton promotion game.

2zg6phw.gif

one of the advertising boards has carling premiership on it so it wont be 85
also you can make out a kid in a purple and white away kit from 92/93 season
so maybe its from the last day of the kippax?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.