What time & where from are you setting off to Wembley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chedleedriver said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Blue1991 said:
Can anyone help?

I bought tickets for me and my mate travelling on the Virgin train 08.14 from stockport to Euston.

Once I paid at checkout stage and it re confirms your travel details, it says not seats are available.

does this mean they (virgin trains) are simply not allowing people to reserve seats for Sun 2nd?

I cannot imagine they would allow loads of people to buy tickets for people to be stood up down the aisles?

Cheers

First come first served - you may struggle if you get on at Stockport.

I am going from Stockport on the 8.14, one of the reasons I chose this one is because of this quote I read in the 'Wembley Special Train' thread:

Hi. I work in the rail industry so have a bit of inside knowledge. The engineering work is between Piccadilly & Longsight & finishes at 0800.

The 0805 Picc - Euston will start from Stockport but all other services are unaffected.Hi. I work in the rail industry so have a bit of inside knowledge. The engineering work is between Piccadilly & Longsight & finishes at 0800.

The 0805 Picc - Euston will start from Stockport but all other services are unaffected.

So it would seem that there is a chance of a seat from Stockport on that train.

That's right. That 8.14 train is the first Virgin train of the day and starts from Stockport. It will be packed though so it will be a mad scramble for seats if you don't have one reserved. I was lucky in that I have reserved seats for me and 2 mates as I took a punt just after half-time of the first leg of the semi when we were 3-0 up and booked the train tickets on my iPhone while I was in the ground. By the time I'd finished the booking process it was 5-0 to us.

2 cars leaving Hollingworth (near Glossop) at 5.30am, arriving at a driveway which is 2min walk from the Green Man, at around 8.30ish, into a café by 8.45, and into Green Man for 9.30

Can't wait!!

C'mon Blues, don't let us down this year!!!

Leaving my flat in Peckham about 11am. Now Wembley seems to be Etihad South it ain't half convenient to live down here. Club Wembley seats with my parents so will probs take advantage of the fact the beer queues move much quicker at Club so drink on the concourse.

leaving bolton 430, picking me and my sunderland pal up in preston, aldi french stubbies at 5, down to a spoons in Ickenham, few there then onto wembley. Really really excited, been to all recent wembley trips and dont agree that its wearing off, the whole day is exciting and long may it continue

blingy said:
nice neil said:
I'm going down very early Saturday morning. Staying near Heathrow . Planning to spend the Saturday in London with the kids. Do any blues who are going down Saturday know of any family friendly places to go for a drink, where a few city fans might be congregating ? Can't have a drink on match day cos I have to drive home. Ta.

China town for decent prices buffet and covent gardens are my plans for me the lad and mrs although I'll steer clear of the £4.50 tubs if I've cream at covent gardens this time, and I'll try not to wonder into soho's dodgy district like me and my m8 did last time with our 7 year olds , the Looks we got that evening trying to find our way out of there,
the look on the kids faced walking past all the dodgy sex shops..
Cheers. I'm planning to go to Wong Ki (wonky's, as the locals call it) in China town. I went a good few years back when my mates lived in london. It's not too bad. Apparently the drinks are expensive but where isn't these days ? Let me know if you find any decent Boozers. I'll do the same on this thread.

Checked with cross country trains, if we cpould get on at piccadilly rather than stockport, and they said yes and the train is definitely leaving manchester at 8.04, but couldn't find it on any timetables, so thought i would pass this info on from virgian trains! good job i checked otherwise we'd have been fucked!

Routes:
London - Liverpool & Manchester

Date: Sunday 02 March

What is happening?

The 0805 Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston service, will start at Stockport at booked time.

Alternative route:

Passengers from Manchester Piccadilly travelling to either, Wilmslow, Crewe or Stafford, should use the 0827 Manchester Piccadilly to Reading service, provided by CrossCountry Trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.