What type of City player are/were you?

Mike Summerbee.

I know it's a long time ago, but I used to play on the wing, just like he did, and I was always Buzzer.

Happy days.

I used to be a keeper and also had a spell playing right wing/attacking midfielder for a few months.

As a keeper i'd describe myself as Shay Given. one or two weak links to my game but a quality shot stopper.

playing outfield, i'm say possibly say an early Michael Johnson, maybe even a shit David Silva. obviously clearly not as good or i wouldn't be typing this now. i just floated about the pitch from one side to the other, picking forward balls and stretching the game. i did my best to get the ball on every attack.

i played upfront at eastlands in 2007, but forgetting and accidently kept dropping deep and picking passes, i was trying to reminisce the old times i think! only for the 2 midfielders on my team asking me what the fuck i was doing! :(

Zabaleta - could play anywhere!

I was quality till I moved to Australia at 13, then I grew lazy and also suffered a horror injury (ligaments, etc.) captaining my school team that was worse than a break (after an Italian lad dived in front of me, forcing me to jump over him on one of the rock hard Aussie pitches - pain was so bad I nearly passed out and would have had oxygen if they had any handy!) and never played other than kickabouts after that.

I also was a pretty shit centre half and right back, but very fit and wholehearted, so Lee Crooks. But I did rather well in goal, and won three player of the season awards on the trot at pub football level until injury forced my early retirement from the game at 38, so Nicky Weaver as keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.