What UEFA Coach attack Investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This behaviour by a number of people who threw bottles, cans and pyrotechnics towards the bus is completely unacceptable and we will conduct enquiries to identify who was responsible and bring them to justice." said the Merseyside Police Match Commander Superintendent referring to the attack on the Manchester City coach the day after the match. Video evidence was then requested which was readily obtainable through the BBC, major newspapers and social media soon after the occurrence.

Since then no one has been brought to justice. The general responses have been that "investigations are ongoing" and "we are not able to comment further". Freedom of Information enquiries have, to all intents and purposes, been bureaucratically and technically dismissed with bland, meaningless replies. Requests for information to various parties were initially ignored and then met with equally dismissive standard responses. And, what is the Mayor for Greater Manchester, who also has responsibility for Police and Crime, doing about this pre-meditated, planned, publicised, publicly executed and recorded attack on Manchester citizens, in collaboration with his counterpart in Merseyside?

It is an absolute disgrace.

The main issue is the fact the scummy twats can repeat the coach attack in October knowing there will be little or no consequence for their actions , its a recipe for disaster and the Merseyside Police will be complicit if anything serious does happen.

"This behaviour by a number of people who threw bottles, cans and pyrotechnics towards the bus is completely unacceptable and we will conduct enquiries to identify who was responsible and bring them to justice." said the Merseyside Police Match Commander Superintendent referring to the attack on the Manchester City coach the day after the match. Video evidence was then requested which was readily obtainable through the BBC, major newspapers and social media soon after the occurrence.

Since then no one has been brought to justice. The general responses have been that "investigations are ongoing" and "we are not able to comment further". Freedom of Information enquiries have, to all intents and purposes, been bureaucratically and technically dismissed with bland, meaningless replies. Requests for information to various parties were initially ignored and then met with equally dismissive standard responses. And, what is the Mayor for Greater Manchester, who also has responsibility for Police and Crime, doing about this pre-meditated, planned, publicised, publicly executed and recorded attack on Manchester citizens, in collaboration with his counterpart in Merseyside?

It is an absolute disgrace.

But the spokesperson for Merseyside Police has said ...................." it wasn't their fault " .

You are right they would probably have thrown us out of the CL for that. Not a great idea then. Wonder what they would do if we mounted water guns and tear gas launchers on our bus and shot back at the fuckers. Should be perfectly allright by UEFA's logic.

Haha. Nearly lost some of my beer through my nose when I read this just now. Very good.

If the City bus had so much as put the rear screen defroster on, UEFA would have fined us, Liverpool on the other hand...well, we'll be seeing more of this from their fans again this season, doubtless. If violence goes unpunished, it's as good as encouraging more of the same. Derisory fine for the club, no accountability from the police.

After all is said and done

WTF has our club done about all this debacle ?

nowt i guess behind closed doors,rolled over and took the "pinch " as per usual

I can appreciate the club's stance of wanting to deal with this quietly and behind the scenes, not let it take away from a very successfuly season for us or appear to be small minded. But there has to be a way to get some level of fairness without stoopping to their level. The fine was bollocks, likley less than the cost of repairs to the coach but little we can do with UEFA being a law unto themselves, and this investigation reeks of a police force desperatly trying to bury its head in the sand. That at least should be answerable for.

But I think also our club needs to seek publicy assurances by Merseyside Police that this isn't going to happen again, that steps have been taken and our players (and fans) will be afforded reasonable protection against damages and violence on our next visit to Anfield and we should have been included in any disucssions on plans to prevent such actions happening again. Key amongst which would asking how things are progressing in be identifying some of the idiots and making examples of them.

Maybe the supporters clubs lean on certain officials at the club to pursue these reassurances? Maybe we are hoping that if we keep it quiet it will notrepeact, but if half a city can hold a grudge against us bulding the ship canal for two centuries then I don't expect they'll have grown up by October.

Burnham again on TV going on about the vote catching Northern Rail chaos. 'It's my job to be a voice of the people in Manchester'

I've tweeted him a few times about trams/Merseyside Police but never seem to get ant response...

Who give a fuck now?

A window got cracked, that’s all.

A bit soft this thread.

I wonder what it’ll look like on the Amazon documentary? I hope the scuminess of it all is shown and that some comments are made towards the lack of repercussions.

From a journalist’s perspective it could be gold if anything did repeat and they can claim an “I told you so” exclusive.

But the spokesperson for Merseyside Police has said ...................." it wasn't their fault " .

Head of Merseyside Police sticking his nose into anti-semitism row in the Labour Party this morning. Sounds like he has no tact, diplomacy or common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.