What was the last vinyl record you bought?

Crest of a Knave- Jethro Tull...Round about the time cd's came out...
...Shortly afterward I was in bed and heard an almighty crash...Ran downstairs thinking I'd been broken into, only to find my speaker bracket fell off on top of the stack system I had at the time...Straight through the glass above the turn table on which my album lay...I still have a tape of it, scratches and all...

A little off topic but I have been playing Graceland for years and recently bought it on CD. On listening to "Boy in the Bubble" I suddenly realised I has misheard the lyrics and Paul Simon was singing about a different compilation lying in a corner of the sky. I thought he was singing about a constellation .My version makes more sense, must write and tell him to be more careful in future.

Into The Valley by The Skids on white vinyl from eBay

I honestly can't remember buying any vinyl after the mid eighties. The last new release I bought might have been possibly Brothers In Arms in 1985. I'd moved over to tapes mainly because of the portability and at that age I was out of the house mostly (pub, girlfriends, uni etc). I did buy a record deck in the late eighties to play my collection but can't remember buying anything new for it and mainly used the tape deck, got sold mid nineties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.