What was the last vinyl record you bought?

Not bought, but...

My uncle recently let me have my pick of his ex-wife's record collection. I took six or seven and gave the rest to charity. Very happy with some of the pulls from there:

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Joni Mitchell - Ladies of the Canyon
Bryan Adams - Reckless
Duran Duran - Rio
Black Flag - My War

I like to collect seminal albums, mostly. The most famous, influential records. I have a certain fascination with them.

It was probably something in the early 90s.

Might even have been the Bassheads - Is there Anybody Out There.

Album wise - 19 Naughty III by Naughty By Nature. Scratched to fuck (I did that though on one of my 'Look at me being a DJ with all my records' nights)

C'mon you know by LG arrived today. Some bangers on there, looking forward to the Etihad gig on Wednesday.

Artic Monkeys - The Car

Pretty disappointed with it being in a single sleeve. Domino usually produce gatefolds and add nice little touches such as lyric books. Pretty poor this time round.

Just got a haul from a new vinyl second hand shop in my town... All pristine... £20 the lot:
Bachman Turner Overdrive - Four Wheel Drive...
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
Bethnal - Crash Landing
Stranglers - Ratus
Zappa - Hot Rats.
Ram Jam - Ram Jam

40th Anniversary issue...

Thought I'd missed out ('Sold Out' on Townsend Records awhile ago). Flicking through the vinyl in HMV, Carlisle and there it was. More expensive than I'd seen it on Ebay but what the heck... when I got to the counter there was 30% off... Cheers!

vinyl1.jpg

40th Anniversary issue...

Thought I'd missed out ('Sold Out' on Townsend Records awhile ago). Flicking through the vinyl in HMV, Carlisle and there it was. More expensive than I'd seen it on Ebay but what the heck... when I got to the counter there was 30% off... Cheers!

View attachment 62579
Does that mean that you thought you were buying a 12" but when you got to the counter it turned out to be a 7"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.