What was the most toxic period at City?

Blu3m00n91

Seeing the Everton fan clips recently have made me wonder what the most toxic period at City was. I’m only old enough to remember the bad Pearce days.

30th May 1999, 87 minutes into the match.

Not only have we been relegated, we haven't managed to get automatic promotion, and now we're 2-0 down with just injury time to go, staring at a second season in the third tier. The definition of darkest before the dawn.

Dunno if that counts as toxic, but it was depressing as fuck.

I think the Blackburn quarter final in 2007 probably marked the high/low point for toxicity, not least because things started turning round the season after.
First one that sprang to mind for me. Players throwing their shirts into the crowd at the end of the game only to see them thrown back at them. A proper "Is this it? Is this all we're capable of?" feeling descended over the fanbase that day and it was pretty nasty watching it on TV. Never seen a City end look so bitter but admittedly I missed the 80s.

The Swales out era.
100% this regarding fans against the Chairman/Board/Club.

The Stuart Pearce era was horrible, and its the only time I seriously considered jacking the whole shebang in.

Both of these are two cheeks of the same arse for me, both were equally dreadful in their own way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.