What was the most toxic period at City?

I think the Blackburn quarter final in 2007 probably marked the high/low point for toxicity, not least because things started turning round the season after.

I remember we were all well up for before the game, everyone was so deludedly optimistic. Blackburn were a decent outfit back then so it was no surprise we lost in hindsight

Getting beaten and knocked out of the fa Cup by Halifax....I was only a young lad but that along with the loss to Spurs in the fa cup final replay taught me what depression was..dark days for me. Im still having counselling.

Edit; the missed last minute penalty versus Boro? that would have seen us scrape into Europe. God that was depressing.

Getting beaten and knocked out of the fa Cup by Halifax....I was only a young lad but that along with the loss to Spurs in the fa cup final replay taught me what depression was..dark days for me. Im still having counselling.

Edit; the missed last minute penalty versus Boro? that would have seen us scrape into Europe. God that was depressing.

I think the thread is more about being toxic than depressed. So where there was genuine anger against the club.

Obviously the Stuart Pearce era was horrible to watch football wise, but overall was it really that bad? We had odd moments to enjoy and we didn’t get relegated.

I think we’ve had much worse seasons, more toxic anyway.

Fucking Halifax away was unbelievable. If one game summed up the misery of following City in those days it was probably this one. A horrible winter's day. A shit pitch and a horrible town. A crap performance and losing to the inevitable late goal. New fans who wonder why we can't relax until at least three goals up even today....this is why.

30th May 1999, 87 minutes into the match.

Not only have we been relegated, we haven't managed to get automatic promotion, and now we're 2-0 down with just injury time to go, staring at a second season in the third tier. The definition of darkest before the dawn.

Dunno if that counts as toxic, but it was depressing as fuck.
Great moments that season especially Christmas onwards, a real connection between team and fans so wouldn't call it toxic.
Others have sighted Hughes era but he made two of our greatest ever signings,Zabba and Vinnie. Convinced given more time he'd have come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.