What was your 1st ever game and what do you remember?

CITY FOR LIFE

Controling the Ticker Tape from EL 3 Block 308 on
My first ever game was Apr 75 v Birmingham, I think it was 3-1, I was taken by a friend and his Dad, we stood on the corner between the Kippax and North Stand.
Didn't realise that many people lived in Manchester when I saw the Kippax Stand.

My next game was 75-76 v Licester City Weds Night 1-1, and that was it for the next 30+ years.

Looking across the Kippax on the Sat afternoon and thinking , who are all them people.

My first game was 78-79 (I think) against forest. Sat in platt lane with me dad. We won 1-0 with kazi deyna scoring the goal ( hence the name ).

My dream is to get to the CC final so I can take my dad and finally repay the favour.

Ps: song for the lap of honour after the CC final

" 20 minutes and won f**k all,
City is our name "

QPR at Maine Road, last day of the 94-95 season.

I remember the walk to the ground seemed like miles. I'd never seen so many people before so it was exciting. I remember going through the concourse which seemed so dark and old and up into the light as we entered the stand. This wave seemed to come over me as we stepped into the light. It was amazing.

I remember people singing 'if you hate Man United clap your hands'. Of the game I seem to remember John Burridge pretty much being knocked into the net by a Les Ferdinand pile-driver. I don't remember our goals.

After the game I remember being stuck in traffic for quite a long time.

Bristol City 1977 2-1 win

2nd Game boxing day same year Newcastle 4-0 Colin Bells comeback game

Spurs at home, 1st of Feb 1992.

Don't remember an awful lot, but were sat in the North stand, and we won 1-0, White scored.

Bristol City 1977 2-1 win

2nd Game boxing day same year Newcastle 4-0 Colin Bells comeback game

FAC tie at Gigg Lane, Bury in the early 1970's.

I remember one of the stewards coming up to my Aunt and telling her to "Get the little girl out of here, this lot could turn nasty."

Can remember the older (mainly lads in their late teens/early twenties) City fans stomping their feet on something (heard it rather than saw it) and then walking through the car park outside after we lost.

To this day I don't know if there were cars overturned or whether someone rumoured it after and the picture became real in my child's mind.

My first game was 81 cup final replay, 11 years old .
I was getting ready for school the thursday morning when my next door neighbour came in and said her husband would not be going with her (RAG) and did i want to go :)))
Addicted fromthat day . Cheers Helen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.