What was your 1st ever game and what do you remember?

kenzie115 said:
April 19th 1997. Manchester City 0-3 QPR

I was 8 and the stand out memory for me was the QPR goalkeeper turning round and celebrating after each of QPR's goals as they were all scored in the 2nd half and we were right behind his goal.

I love having this to call upon when someone calls me a johnny-come lately who's only just started supporting City because we're going to be successful.

I seem to remember us having played 4 games in about 8 days because we had loads in hand, the players looked totally knackered.

My first match was Forest away, last game of 94/95 season, lost 1-0, Collymore's goal never crossed the line, City fans were 10x louder than Forest all match.

Kinky Dribbler said:
kenzie115 said:
April 19th 1997. Manchester City 0-3 QPR

I was 8 and the stand out memory for me was the QPR goalkeeper turning round and celebrating after each of QPR's goals as they were all scored in the 2nd half and we were right behind his goal.

I love having this to call upon when someone calls me a johnny-come lately who's only just started supporting City because we're going to be successful.

I seem to remember us having played 4 games in about 8 days because we had loads in hand, the players looked totally knackered.

My first match was Forest away, last game of 94/95 season, lost 1-0, Collymore's goal never crossed the line, City fans were 10x louder than Forest all match.

I could have sworn my game was QPR at home last day of the 94/95 season. Can't both be right.

Brighton and Hove Albion (as they were always called back then) at home 1981. Drew 1 each. Aged 6. Can't remember anything about the football but remember a dog running on the pitch and getting stuck in the net. Also, fabulously, I sat immediately behind Eddie Large about 3 rows from the dugout. I'd never really heard swearing before but Eddie educated me by hurling vitriolic abuse at the bench, and anyone who came close to the near touch line for the full 90 minutes. He signed my programme and has literally been my hero ever since.

Can't believe the BBC don't give him and Sid at least a Christmas special these days!

masterwig said:
Kinky Dribbler said:

I could have sworn my game was QPR at home last day of the 94/95 season. Can't both be right.

According to MCFC Stats, it would appear that you are right, my apologies. Forest was the penultimate game.

Im a relatively new blue, and I was introduced to city when sven was around. It was 2-2 against blackburn, and i remember watching the gamst pederson guy score a freekick, i just knew he was gonna score, and i had to blurt this out, not amusing to my stepdad(lifelong city fan). im only 13, but city is one of the main things i enjoy watching. CTID!!!

Home v Everton in 1961 (I think) age 7. My dad was a red but worked on Saturdays. Uncle was a blue and didn't, so I became a blue. Uncle has a lot to answer for!

Won 2-1. Dennis Law played, but didn't score.

Just about remember us scoring at the scoreboard end, but the rest is a bit of a blur.

It was City v Leicester 1989, I was 6 alomst 7 and it was our promotion season!
we won 4-2 and I remember me Dad slagging off Morley at the start cos he kept giving the ball away bu then he scored a hat trick in about 20mins!
I cheered 3 City goals and 1 Leicester goal - but I was 6 I dint exactly know what was going on, I spent most of the game looking around at all the crowd!

Boxing day in the late 80's. 1-0 against Norwich. I was about 11 and I remember very little about the game other than Bryan Gunn pulling of some brilliant save's. I don't even know who scored. I knew I could'nt wait to go back though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.