What was your 1st ever game and what do you remember?

December 28th 1999

Was in the North Stand at Maine Road v Grimsby Town, we won 2-1 scoring the winner in the 92nd minute, hooked ever since.

:)

Think it was 1982, lost 2-3 to Huddersfield, Alex Williams had a stinker!

Just checked, it was actually 1984

also huddersfield;season 70-71;think the score was 1-1.;remember standing at the back of kippax on some railings;or spikes;as the steps on the kippax were very shallow.

My first City game was Sheffield United away in April 1967. It was'nt my first game as my father had been taking me to watch Altrincham for a few years by then, and I had already been to a few league grounds. Molineux, Chester, Stockport, Rochdale, plus some other non league away grounds as well.

The day to Sheffield started because I played football for my Sunday school team, and one of the men involved was a teacher who was an ex pro. His name was Aspden, I think he played for York City, but he had also been a teacher at a school in Sheffield, so he arranged a morning game of football for us at his old school, then we went to Bramhall Lane to watch City.

I remember the coach crossing Ladybower dam, walking onto the pitch for our game of football, and a bloke being led past us with blood streaming from his head at Bramhall Lane. I think City lost, but I don't really remember, like most of the day really.

the first time i saw city was in a testimonial against my team dundee for the legend that is bobby glennie, the game finished 2-2 an i remember dundee got 2 ridiculously dodgy penalties the first one bobby missed then got another one about a minute later an stuck it away don,t think the keeper even bothered to move haha, that was about 85/86ish an city have been my english team ever since. my first game at maine road was a midweek game against port vale the season we got relegated to the 2nd division it was a 3-2 defeat kinkys first game back after his back injury wi the car crash. i remember their was a near riot after the game outside the main stand wi fans demonstrating

It was Stoke in the mid - late 70`s, Peter Shilton was in their net and I think the game ended 0-0.

What I remember most though was that it had been snowing, it was freezing cold and I found it really boring, the highlight for me was skidding along the ice around the tunnel in the old open end of the Kippax next to the Platt lane stand, in fact I think I spent most of the second half doing that whilst our kid and his mates were jumping the stands around the ground.

Blackpool at home '56. Funnily enough, I can still see those tangerine shirts running out. Can't remember if Matthews played for Blackpool, but Don Revie played for us, scored and we finished 2-0. But I had been hooked from the previous season when that bar-steward Milburn did us in the first minute at Wembley.

Ive been Blue as long as my viens have. My first game was Birmingham home August 1973. We won 3-1. Aged 10 in the Platt lane, i was in awe and have been ever since. Been through the highs and the lows,saw us lift a cup saw us relegate the the rags. Been to the back end of hell (Barnsley) and slept in a cell. Been bricked in Stoke. Cried at wembley, missed the train and lost my job. Its been a rocky road, have i enjoyed every season???
HELL YEAH !!!!

April 19th 1997. Manchester City 0-3 QPR

I was 8 and the stand out memory for me was the QPR goalkeeper turning round and celebrating after each of QPR's goals as they were all scored in the 2nd half and we were right behind his goal.

I love having this to call upon when someone calls me a johnny-come lately who's only just started supporting City because we're going to be successful.

Christ now your asking. I remember going to maine road and sitting behind the goal in the north stand - that was either 93 or 94 can't remember who against.

The next game after that I went to was against Norhwich City in the 93-94 Season, I sat in the unfinished Kippax stand and got piss wet through. Game ended 1-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.