What were you doing the day we were relegated to the old 3rd

I was at a wedding down in london the day before and did not drink all day and travelled back up to Manchester in the early hours of Sunday morning. I then captained my sunday league side to a cup win after extra time. we rushed back to the pub to celebrate the cup win and City to stay up!!! 3 hours later i was pissed and absolutely gutted.

God what a day of mixed emotions that was!!!

Apart from all the hassle of getting back to the car via that bloody footbridge while dodging missiles and out of control police horses my other main emotion was anger that Bradford and Huddersfield had basically lay down at home to Pompey and Port Vale - if either match had ended in a draw we'd have stayed up. Still can't abide either team nearly 12 years later, especially after a Hudders fan I worked with told me their fans had cheered when they knew we'd gone down.

For some reason went to this game stone cold sober. I was sat on the front row and remember helping fellow Blues get into our end after they legged it away from the joke stands. Enjoyed the game (!) but the relegation had an air of inevitability about it. Wasn't that mithered - nowhere near as upset as 83.

Didn't see any bother at all after the match! Went home and remember watching Arsenal beat Everton 3-0 with Adams scoring to win the prem.

Weird day really.

crumpsallblue said:
feedthegoat said:
Getting bricked in a car park.
thats a coincidence, so was i!!!

and me.

I think I was the last one out as I refused to move. A steward called a copper who threatened to arrest me !!! so I went outside and it was like Beirut. I should have stayed where I was.

Watched it at home couldnt believe other results conspired against us. Looking back it was alwas gonna happen.

Its all part of the ride.

1_barry_conlon said:
feedthegoat said:
Getting bricked in a car park.

Same as. And then listening that Pompey and Bratfud had carved a game up between theirselves. Whoops, better not say this as last time i did my post got pulled!!!

I better not call them cheating twats, then.

Good to see Division 2 Bradfrord and bankrupt Pompey now.

Hudds v Port Vale was the other one.

It was a very good win for City, just a shame about he two above, however it helped my ground total in the end.

West home and listened Arsenal and Celtic winning their leagues on the radio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.