What will work against us?

I think someone is bound to see the best chance to turn the game and put the effort in is in the second half as we're slowing. So if we were playing a team like us I'd say try and soak up the pressure conserve energy and come at us with everything they've got in the second half the moment they see us taking the foot off the gas.

The problem for them is if they don't do the running to try and stop us then the game will be lost in the first half because we're that good we'll be out of sight if they don't play honest. There's also the fact that Pep's already highlighted that himself as something that needs improving, one of the reasons why we aren't there yet(there will be more things to improve that he sees I'm sure) so it wont be long before we play like the first half for the full 90mins.

The main thing that will work against us is Refs not protecting our players, then booking/sending off/retrospectively not seeing incidents.... Injuries and suspensions that result from poor refereeing will eventually fck us over.

not if we win the ball it won't :-)

Well that's the plan...... and to be quite honest, I've been really impressed with how much work-rate we put into it, and how well we manage to pull it off from kick off to the 90th minute! I'll be overly impressed if we can keep this up through the duration of the entire season!

What will work against us? Pep's old teams – Bayern and Barca. They've been doing it longer than our team has, they know all the weakpoints.

I'm just grateful that fat sam isn't around at club level. He would have found our achilles heel in no time. The blubbery old scamp.

What will work against us? Pep's old teams – Bayern and Barca. They've been doing it longer than our team has, they know all the weakpoints.
That's a fair point we shouldn't expect to have our way against those teams but we'll be much better equipped to match them than any of our previous encounters, we're playing Pep's way and he is surprised how fast the team's progressing. He will also know how to highlight their weaknesses and he'll be the only manager that knows most of the players at all 3 clubs having worked with them which is a good advantage I imagine.

Well that's the plan...... and to be quite honest, I've been really impressed with how much work-rate we put into it, and how well we manage to pull it off from kick off to the 90th minute! I'll be overly impressed if we can keep this up through the duration of the entire season!

I'm with you all the way, work-rate seems to be improving with each game, can't believe our quality of play so quickly under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.