What will work against us?

You guys are playing well, fantastic football and Peps really marking his style on the squad.

I'm confident we'll do you guys though and continue our good record against City.

I think that teams will target De Bruyne and Silva for the rough stuff.
Screen-Shot-2014-12-12-at-09.11.09.png

What tactics are going to work best against us? Probably the hardest challenge we've had so far was the second half at the swamp against a big, strong team hoofing it forward.

The options seem to be press like crazy (but leave space behind), park the bus (and counter attack), or try to play stylish football. I'm really looking forward to the Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal matches for these reasons. What do you think well work best?
Haven't read the thread so sorry if I'm repeating others points.

Howe got it right today and had done his research. They didn't come pressing our defenders because when you do you open up the middle of the park to get the ball to our playmakers. They also left our widest men alone and concentrated all their defensive bodies in the number 10/back of their midfield areas. These two tactics were designed to stop us doing what we have been doing, and pulling teams al over the park and opening the pitch up.

It's one of the reasons why today was so impressive, because we took them to pieces anyway,regularly from those very wide areas that Howe deemed to be our least dangerous.

Get used to that kind of performance against us: everyone will be doing that from now on.

As soon as another team scores first we we struggle, and 4/5 have scored against us so hardly a time to claim invincibility.

Think our biggest problems will be stupid reds, injuries and fatigue after the Christmas period. I think Liverpool will be an issue as it usually is every year but Barca I think we will beat them home but lose away. Think our biggest assist is that pep has us playing a number of ways and a number of formations plus the fact we have so much talent it is difficult to name an automatic starter bar bravo so playing us is difficult to plan for who really saw kolarov being played at CB today instead of stones and he bossed it. We have so many weapons at the minute it's hard to block them all. Think bad luck more then being beaten if you know what I mean.

At the start of the second half at Old Trafford, United pressed us high up the pitch and Bravo didn't have an outlet at times. Forced him to play it long and we struggled to retain possession for a while. Think that's the only way to beat us at the moment, but not sure any team has the fitness or intensity to maintain that for a full 90 minutes. Even if they do, you suspect Guardiola already has a plan to counteract it. Think Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool away will be our biggest tests.

I guess what has worked for us will work against us. High press might work against us as we lack height up top.

19th October will be a good indicator I reckon ..... but hopefully not if KDB carries on like he's playing !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.