What will work against us?

I think we'll see against barca, if the high pressing doesn't work and they can still pass it about playing one touch football. You can't press for 90mins, it's a quick press and if you don't get the ball, get set up defensively. Both the of us will play similar, both got the players to pass it about with confidence even under pressure. I reckon that game will come down to the team making the least mistakes will win.
I think Barca is still superior in the possession department. And they have Messi. These are huge factors. Especially the Messi one.

Saying the same, Liverpool will be a very interesting game. Pep v Klopp both high pressing styles.

I think that we will destroy them if our players are still in this sort of form. Both play a high intensity high pressing game, but we are by far a slicker passing unit, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if klopp changes his tactics for that one game and sits off us and tries to park the bus

The next game will be something new as Swansea like to keep the ball. Obviously doing nothing with it but they still like to keep the ball a lot. Then the Spurs game will pit us against a high pressing fast type team. I'm expecting to drop points at Spurs to be honest. Just looked at the team we put out last year and it was such a slow one that it was no wonder we lost. The injuries were kicking in if I remember correctly

Feels like it's going to be very difficult for most teams to stop us at the moment. As far as the premier league goes, we probably have the best collection of players. That collection of players are also playing pretty close to the best of their abilities and playing in a system that's working well. If we carry on playing at this level then the only way to stop us will be for other teams to seriously raise their game. Im not sure any of the other teams have the personnel to do that though. They're just going to have to wait and hope we hit a bad patch or tire as the season goes on.

I think that we will destroy them if our players are still in this sort of form. Both play a high intensity high pressing game, but we are by far a slicker passing unit, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if klopp changes his tactics for that one game and sits off us and tries to park the bus

I can see that happening. This however is one game they are going to be up for big time as has been proven over the past years. I agree though that we have by-far the superior technical players to pull this off in this type of game.

Be interesting to know how Dortmund under klopp played against Pep ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.