What will you miss about lockdown when it ends?

The natural quiet.
The clear (no contrails) blue skies.
Seeing People out and about.
No traffic, noise/fumes/mess.
Having a neighbourhood that talks.
Slower Pace of life.
Time of reflection on what you actually need in life to be happy.
No vandalism, little rubbish strewn about.
City being PL champions.
Getting a taste for G&T - not allowed wine on diet.
Doing family stuff with 4 old teenager kids.
Appreciating being Very lucky having a garden, a cul-de-sac and an allotment.
Clearing stuff out, because have the time.

Hopefully loads of us will realise how much of our lives we waste, unpaid, commuting to and fro, and start to WFH as much as possible.

I've worked from home for 3 years now, the daily commute, or to be accurate, not having the daily commute, was the biggest single factor in making that decision

I've worked from home for 3 years now, the daily commute, or to be accurate, not having the daily commute, was the biggest single factor in making that decision

I'm very lucky normally as I only live 10 mins from work, in the opposite direction to 95% of commuters. There's absolutely no amount of money you could pay me to sit in traffic for 2-3 hours a day to get to and from work. All whilst paying petrol, vehicle and tax money for the pleasure.

I won't miss a thing. I took a minimum wage job for the jobs I lost. When/if this blows over and can get back to the norm

Saying this, the long hours I haven't had one smoke in two months and only 3 cans of beer in all that time too. Normally I'd smoke ten a day and drink 3-4 cans a night

I never thought a health crisis would actually make me healthier
So you won’t miss being healthier?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.