What would be classed as a successful season?

i'm still easily pleased so just a trophy (any one will do) top 3 in the league and knockout stages in europe

PL top 3 minimum but only if we finish above the rags and CL semi's but only if we get further than the rags.
Don't get me wrong - I crave silverware but my main concern is that if the rags win a major honour this season then bacon face will be able to retire on a winning note.

I think he'd have gone at the end of last season but our prem title's kept the old duffer at work beyond his stretch target. IMO the present situation is that he's paid well over the odds for persie because he's desperate to get a PL or CL win at all costs and retire.
This exotic change to the rag transfer acquisition policy is an obvious turn to short-termism - which will hit them in later seasons as their squad is already getting old without bringing in overly-expensive 29 y.o injury prone players on silly salaries.
If he doesn't get his big win this season then he'll be forced to hang around like a bad smell and carry on with his frantic damaging actions as he slips further into senility.
That's what I'd like to see as minimum and anything else is a very welcome bonus!

Being shown first on MOTD

At least one goal of the month

Another 6 pts against rags

A newspaper article that doesn't mension how much we have spent

Sunday supplement showing Etihad Stadium as background

RVP injured, a lot

Oh, and win the league.

try to retain the league priority number one - which will be a tough challenge again

beyond group stages CL

everything else a bonus although a Carling Cup final would be good !

Cry Me A Weaver said:
Being shown first on MOTD

At least one goal of the month

Another 6 pts against rags

A newspaper article that doesn't mension how much we have spent

Sunday supplement showing Etihad Stadium as background

RVP injured, a lot

Oh, and win the league.

Something deeply fucking tragic about this post mate, no offence. Reading this forum recently I am starting to believe that a significant section of our fans are damaged in that way. More interested in worrying about the external perception of the club than results.

It's a bi-product of playing second fiddle to United for 20 years. Huge insecurity.

To answer the OP. An improvement on last season will represent a successful season.

We need to win a trophy really, and qualification from the group stage of the Champion's League is a must, a quarter final appearance would be an acceptable step in the right direction. We have to realise that, until we can make ourselves a top pot side for the champion's league we will always run the risk of meeting a very good side in our group (it will be one from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Porto this season) and therefore struggling to win the group. That leaves us open to a tough second round tie, so if we manage to get past that stage we've done really well. Retaining our Premiership title will really indicate we've arrived, when Chelsea did it they were really accepted as one of England's top clubs.

Balti said:
try to retain the league priority number one - which will be a tough challenge again

beyond group stages CL

everything else a bonus although a Carling Cup final would be good !

Hear hear.

As for the media surely the only important thing is whether the fans are happy or not? There's some people on this forum who leave the impression they keep files on any negative word ever said about City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.