What would be classed as a successful season?

Can't be successful by going backwards.

NEED to retain the Premiership.

Champions League Quarter-Final minimum.

A Wembley cup final as well would be nice.

kenzie115 said:
theperfect10 said:
Playing awesome football and winning every Prem home game. Improve our away form by beating Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool away and still doing the double over the rags.

If this means we retain the Prem then I'll be 'made-up'.

Progressing out of the group stage of the Champions League would be seen as the minimum and getting to the final at Wembley would be mind blowing.

Anything else would be a bonus,

We'd have to seriously mess up some relatively easy games for us to do the above and not win the title.

Was thinking the same myself, If we can continue our home form or any where like last year, dropped 2 points all season! Our away form will improve as we lost some stupid games last year! We are stronger now, we have "belief"

You know the drill, 40 points will do, that Stuart Pearce can't buy a goal at home, oh wait...

Oh yes, and not losing our sense of humour ......

Didsbury Dave said:
Cry Me A Weaver said:
Being shown first on MOTD

At least one goal of the month

Another 6 pts against rags

A newspaper article that doesn't mension how much we have spent

Sunday supplement showing Etihad Stadium as background

RVP injured, a lot

Oh, and win the league.

Something deeply fucking tragic about this post mate, no offence. Reading this forum recently I am starting to believe that a significant section of our fans are damaged in that way. More interested in worrying about the external perception of the club than results.

It's a bi-product of playing second fiddle to United for 20 years. Huge insecurity.

To answer the OP. An improvement on last season will represent a successful season.

For any top team I think the minimum requirement for a season would be to win a cup, any cup!

Obviously we would be disapointed not to win the league and I think we will but it would be a disaster if we didn't get top 4 so we qualify for CL again

To show we are progressing we need to at least get out of the group in the CL

I agree - we've got to retain the Premiership.

Champions League QuarterFinal minimum.

A Wembley cup final as well plus unbeaten at home............. ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.