What would you consider to be the greatest city in the world?

Pleased Seville got so many calls by the way. Fantastic city if not a little hot at some times of the year.
We fixed that by going in February. It was a little chilly in the morning, but I went in in a T-shirt thinking that I didn't want to be carrying my coat around in the afternoon. The guy selling churros at 8.30 in the morning thought I was nuts.

You are right it's a great city - best city break we've done.

Hard to argue against Melbourne as a place to live. Only draw backs are how far away it is and is a bit sprawling so getting around takes some time.

Honourable mentions for Wellington, Medellin, Bilbao and Granada.

Gets a lot of stick on here but there’s no denying it’s London. History on a level probably only Rome can compete with, and as cosmopolitan as New York.
World class music, theatre, museums, sightseeing, transport, architecture. It has absolutely everything. Wouldn’t ever live there if I was working though.

Top 3 I’d live in:
Seville
Amsterdam
San Diego

honourable mention Berlin

Last edited:
Gets a lot of stick on here but there’s no denying it’s London. History on a level probably only Rome can compete with, and as cosmopolitan as New York.
World class music, theatre, museums, sightseeing, transport, architecture. It has absolutely everything. Wouldn’t ever live there if I was working though.

Top 3 I’d live in:
Seville
Amsterdam
San Diego

honourable mention Berlin
Maybe I'm just uneducated or ignorant but of which history of London are you talking? Has there really any meaningful event happend in London ever? It's a big city and former capital of a world wide Empire but what history actually has happened in London? It's biggest event to this date is the great fire of 1666 with the smog a close second. Not impressed.

How could you know the answer to which you think is THE greatest unless you've visited all of them ?

My favourites are Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong, but Ive never been to Rome or Berlin so I cant really say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.