What's Happened To Our Defence?

10 goals conceded in the last 4 games.

2 goals conceded in the last 10 minutes at the Etihad against Liverpool and Spurs.

What's happened to our once solid defence from last season?
We have players stepping in to midfield from defence who (note to self be kind) who are not capable of fulfilling a very demanding role. The 2 who can definitely do the job are Rico and John. When others try it they not only negatively affect the midfield they weaken the defence. IMO of course.
I wonder if in training they have tried Kalvin in the role.

Last edited:
Feels like we’ve definitely missed that number 8 moving into a number 10. Alvarez isn’t that guy and Rodri can’t do that many jobs either. Feel like Pep needs to give Foden or Grealish that Gundo/Silva position and see how it goes. Maybe he doesn’t trust either of them to play there
I think they both could do it but what do I know!

I wouldn't be too harsh on the defence as we have played some tough teams over the last few weeks. Yes we could defend better than we should but we have had a tough run of fixtures but we will soon gain clean sheets as the fixtures become more easier.

Poor Tactics and not enough pace in the team in the current set up.
Not playing with traditional full backs meaning we don’t stop crosses coming into our box.
Midfield far too light and not sure what Alverezs role is, seems to be 1 too many attacking players leaving us exposed when we constantly lose possession through sloppy play.
Need a proper left back and a defensive midfielder

Individual brain farts in every game Dias , Akanji ,Ederson , Ake have cost us six points and not forgetting our forwards missing at least a dozen clear cut chances which would have made the mistakes made immaterial , a combined cluster f*ck of performances.
You cannot remove brain farts by coaching , its down to individual players to focus and concentrate , we know they can all do it they proved it last season , perhaps the treble has brought complacency but they need to eradicate it now , or our season is going to crumble in front our eyes.

cant jsut blame defence although it looks poor, if we put our chances away and the games played differently and we defend from up the pitch not just the penalty area so its an all round thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.