What's Happened To Our Defence?

Disagree, Gvaridol has been superb considering his age and time at the club, Ake's defending at the end was Sunday league standard, shocking error.

In saying that the chances Haaland missed first half were just as bad if not worse than Ake's error, sloppy, weak finishing.
Well we can agree to disagree but I don't understand Pep, we pay 80 odd million for one of the best young central defenders in the world and try to convert him into a Left Back.

Well we can agree to disagree but I don't understand Pep, we pay 80 odd million for one of the best young central defenders in the world and try to convert him into a Left Back.
Maybe Tixki is the one to put that question to, LB we have not had one for a long, long time, not that it seemed to have stopped us.

When we play Doku, Foden, Alvarez, and Haaland, we effectively have a front four who are prone to giving the ball away quite cheaply, and both Foden and Alvarez are rather lightweight and too easily brushed off the ball in the middle. As an attacking force they are exciting to watch, true, but like most young players erratic and inconsistent, so unless we establish a two-goal cushion, any opponent worth their salt knows that they just have to bide their time and they’ll be back in the game.

Disagree, Gvaridol has been superb considering his age and time at the club, Ake's defending at the end was Sunday league standard, shocking error.

In saying that the chances Haaland missed first half were just as bad if not worse than Ake's error, sloppy, weak finishing.
Just because gvardiol Is young and still new to the club it doesnt take away the fact that hes struggling. It provides a reason why hes struggling , but hes struggling all the same. Not his fault i may add

Akanji also being asked to play a role he isnt good enough for as well.
Dias’ form has fallen off a cliff. Maybe he needs stones back.
Walker a bit all over the shop as well

Couldnt even tell you our best back 4 at the moment!

Oh and totally agree , if haaland bags just one of his 2 very easy chances the games won by half time and we dont talk about any defensive lapses or that refs fuck up

Just because gvardiol Is young and still new to the club it doesnt take away the fact that hes struggling. It provides a reason why hes struggling , but hes struggling all the same. Not his fault i may add

Stones & 3 others

What's your definition of struggling?

Dias, Akanji are way, way off and they are senior players and Gvaridol is way ahead of these two in terms of form this season.

The defensive issues stem mainly from MF, Rodri is gassed and yesterday Bernardo was having a headless chicken game, Foden won't track back and Doku's biggest weakness is getting back, so it's very easy for teams to get behind us.

The only positive yesterday was getting a point a full strength Spurs would have embarrassed us in that second half.

Last edited:
Very simple, we are not defending as a team and we wont win league leaking goals....But Pep and boys know this better than we alll do and will put it right....I can see a famous 10-12 game winning run on the horizon.....be a classic run in towards the end and looking forwars to telling scousers and gooners ..close, but no cigar lads.

It’s gone to shit, I don’t think Stones coming back is the only answer but would help. Ake deserves to be playing left back, Dias is in poor form, can’t Gvardiol partner Dias centrally? I honestly don’t have the answer but we are much more open in previous seasons, that all said we should have taken so many of our missed chances before we could be cheated by the referee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.