What's Happened To Our Defence?

Gvardiol is no left back I've no idea why pep keeps playing him there, Ake is way better.
Lets not forget though Spurs & Liverpool are very good at these attacks, fast and accurate players.
Worried about Villa now without Rodri.

From front to back the defending appears as if we go in shallow from the side and don't know how to square up. Too many left footers, change in coaching, betting? I don't know but with what we gain with Rodri so far up the field, we lose in the middle. Look a bit entitled atm, and Erling has turned into Sterling, amazing amount of misses so far, but what has changed?

I know I will be crucified for saying this but Sergio Gomez is better LB than Gvardiol

Gvardiol is no left back I've no idea why pep keeps playing him there, Ake is way better.
Lets not forget though Spurs & Liverpool are very good at these attacks, fast and accurate players.
If Ake can replicate last season then he's definitely our left back. Dias a bit all over the show isn't helping matters either.

Gvaridol is the least of our worries, he was not on the pitch with that last goal, Ake was and his defending was a joke.

Gvaridol is the least of our worries, he was not on the pitch with that last goal, Ake was and his defending was a joke.
I think every defender makes a mistake sometimes, Ake hadn't been on long and he's been excellent for us at LB, much better than Gvardiol

No protection when we lose the ball high up the pitch.The lack of pace is hurting us when Stones and Kev are back would like Rodri to sit a bit deeper.This does not disguise the fact that Dias and Gvardiol should be nowhere the 1st 11 at the mo.
Im sure that Stones will play the Rodri role against Villa.Be interesting to see the roles of Lewis and Bobb against them also and this is a big shout do we think Bernado could play the Silva ,Gundo role thus offering more control.We had a bad window i have yet to see what Nunes or Kovacic will offer us.Hindsight is a wonderful thing but would have liked us to have tried hard for a Maddison type player.But as others have said trust in Pep felt after the game some of the comments of our fans were very self entitled no one has a devine right to win and with betrer finishing in the 1st half the conversation would be different.

I think every defender makes a mistake sometimes, Ake hadn't been on long and he's been excellent for us at LB, much better than Gvardiol
Disagree, Gvaridol has been superb considering his age and time at the club, Ake's defending at the end was Sunday league standard, shocking error.

In saying that the chances Haaland missed first half were just as bad if not worse than Ake's error, sloppy, weak finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.