What's happening at FC United?

I live quite near to Gigg lane, I don't know the official attendance they get but parking is gradually becoming less of a problem on their match days. On Saturday we didn't even realise they were playing there were so few cars parked up. Personaly I don't care too much where they play so long as they clear off from round here.

lyonfish said:
I live quite near to Gigg lane, I don't know the official attendance they get but parking is gradually becoming less of a problem on their match days. On Saturday we didn't even realise they were playing there were so few cars parked up. Personaly I don't care too much where they play so long as they clear off from round here.

Glad you mentioned that about parking.............
One of our (our as in those against FCUM moving to the proposed site) bug bears is that the MEN has been on the side of FCUM from the start and not given those of us protesting against it an even playing field.
The MAIN objection is the fact that the site proposed is on a green - AND COVENANTED - field. Yet everytime the MEN has given the objectors any space in the MEN they have gone on about parking issues and house prices and giving FCUM the last word in any article and therefore the opportunity to come out smelling of roses.
Everytime the MEN has had a pro FCUM article, the paper has NEVER given the ''other side'' the opportunity to have our say (nevermind the last word!)
The MEN has never ONCE mentioned the green and covenanted field as being the main objection of those against the proposal.

I -and the majority of people objecting to this proposal - have NO issue with FCUM being based in Moston, but we do have an objection to the council offering FCUM this green (and covenanted) land to FCUM to develop a 5,000 capacity stadium on.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Looks like it's going to be October now - reason is, so many objections / letters of support were sent in, they needed more time to go through the lot of them! It could still get put back a month if they havent gone through each letter yet!

And it also has to go through the charity commission too.

They also got beat in the FA Cup yesterday ;)

Yes they did by my home town as well, 1-0 to City !

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lyonfish said:

One of our (our as in those against FCUM moving to the proposed site) bug bears is that the MEN has been on the side of FCUM from the start and not given those of us protesting against it an even playing field.
The MAIN objection is the fact that the site proposed is on a green - AND COVENANTED - field. Yet everytime the MEN has given the objectors any space in the MEN they have gone on about parking issues and house prices and giving FCUM the last word in any article and therefore the opportunity to come out smelling of roses.
Everytime the MEN has had a pro FCUM article, the paper has NEVER given the ''other side'' the opportunity to have our say (nevermind the last word!)
The MEN has never ONCE mentioned the green and covenanted field as being the main objection of those against the proposal.

I -and the majority of people objecting to this proposal - have NO issue with FCUM being based in Moston, but we do have an objection to the council offering FCUM this green (and covenanted) land to FCUM to develop a 5,000 capacity stadium on.

AndyFcum said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lyonfish said:

The MEN are not Manchester Planning Committee, so you needn't worry there.
FC were not allowed to engage with the public until several weeks after the initial announcement, due to a possible distraction from the Council elections. The "opposition" had a free run in the MEN for some time.
All the MEN wants is a decent story, a bit of entertainment, grow up.
Maybe you just want things all your own way.

The rest of your posts are the usual inaccurate/misleading/made up tosh and i cant be arsed.
Shame you didn't get Football Fans Club City going back then, things might be different now? There is still Maine Road FC if you fancy it.

So is the stadium on green land ?

Is there a covernant on the land ?

Is it beneficial to FCMU ?

iF you would care to answer them allegations that MES has leveled against you then maybe you will get more time on a city forum if not then fuck off our forum

AndyFcum said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
lyonfish said:

FC were not allowed to engage with the public until several weeks after the initial announcement, due to a possible distraction from the Council elections. The "opposition" had a free run in the MEN for some time.

The rest of your posts are the usual inaccurate/misleading/made up tosh and i cant be arsed.

Shame you didn't get Football Fans Club City going back then, things might be different now? There is still Maine Road FC if you fancy it.

Do one you splitting shitbag.

I hope you utter cunts go bust.

mcfcliam said:
AndyFcum said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Do one you splitting shitbag.

I hope you utter cunts go bust.

Nice one lads!!!!! He'd deleted the comments before I got to see them - thanks for quoting them for me ;)
Ha ha ha I was wondering when AndyFCUM would bite!!!!!!
Thanks Andy - you didnt disappoint!
Yes, answer the questions put to you:

*waits*

manclad said:
It all seems to have gone quiet on the proposed new ground that FCUM want to build.I'm sure that Mid Sept. was given as the date that we residents of Moston would find out if we were getting an unwanted football stadium.
Can anyone with a bit of insider knowledge let us know of any/lack of progress in this matter please.
Not insider stuff but they were attempting to bypass the Convenent issue by being added to it themselves,they have put some serious money into employing legal teams to get what they want that's for sure..

note the lack of match reporting re fcum in the evening news tonight
think they may have got beat just a hunch!

bluemanc said:
manclad said:
It all seems to have gone quiet on the proposed new ground that FCUM want to build.I'm sure that Mid Sept. was given as the date that we residents of Moston would find out if we were getting an unwanted football stadium.
Can anyone with a bit of insider knowledge let us know of any/lack of progress in this matter please.
Not insider stuff but they were attempting to bypass the Convenent issue by being added to it themselves,they have put some serious money into employing legal teams to get what they want that's for sure..

It's the council who are trying to ''navigate around'' (is the term they used) the covenant.
Not completely sure how they are going to do this - COME ON AND TELL US HOW ANDYFCUM ;) - my guess is most likely to do with Moston Juniors (current users of the site) being a registered charity and as the land where the covenant lies is (stratigically placed) on the part of the development that will be used by Moston Juniors (and not the actual stadium) the land will be being passed over to a charity.
Happy to be corrected otherwise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.