What's the best football book of all time?

Forever Boys is essential reading for any City fan.

Maradona's autobiography 'El Diego' is a brilliant read.

Is the David Conn book “Richer than God” worth a read or is it a constant slag off of our owners and club?
I enjoyed parts of it but Conn's sanctimoniousness was the abiding impression it left with me.

If you don't like the modern game don't watch/report or earn money from it.

Just reading this at the moment. The more I read the more he pisses me off.
Although he professes to be a City fan in his youth he singles out City as spoiling the game and says the council allowed City to destroy East Manchester. He doesn’t use the phrase but he accuses our owners of Sports washing.
He thinks City fans are desperate in thanking our owners (on a banner) and says we should have done a United in revolting against the Sheikh - as an example he devotes a whole chapter on FC United of Manchester (Norwich reserves), Oh and the way we treated Mark Hughes was classless and disgraceful.
He’s very much a jumpers for goalposts man living in the world of football when you could turn up in the day and pay at the turnstiles. He can’t understand why City fans who won nothing for 37 years have turned their back on Manchester
I’ll give it a miss then and stick to my Greek mythology books.

‘City have ruined football’ is an excellent read.

It’s only 115 pages long, too.

Foreword by Nick Harris.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.