What's the best football book of all time?

As a (mostly) non-City book, I very much like Playing At Home by John Aizlewood, in which he goes to a home game at each of the 92 Premier/League clubs in one season and writes a chapter about each match.

As the blurb says, it begins as a "paean to the beautiful game, but ends up as an analysis of the modern British male and sporting culture". It ends up a combo of football and social history, with a bit of gonzo quest-fulfilling in the mix. But it's much, much better and a good deal lighter than that makes it sounds.

Spoiler alert: He did it in the pre-Royle late 90s. The chapter about City remains very grim reading.

41uSk48lV9L.jpg

Read a few but still put Andy Morrisons book as one of my favourites, his own personal battles and his time at city which make for very entertaining reading.

dont know if its been mentioned as i cant be arsed going thru 15 pages, but Stan Ternent autobiography is hilarious as is Brian Clough's. Both highly recommend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.