What's the best football book of all time.

Lots of great City books already mentioned. Best non City book is The Damned United by David Peace. It charts Brian Clough early career (when he was briefly England's wonder boy), but it's mostly about his 44 days in charge of Leeds.

It probably is an enjoyable read going off the film.

But I think it’s important to realise that it’s a work of fiction based broadly around true events.

City related I thoroughly enjoyed “Blue Blood -The Mike Doyle Story” which encapsulates that great era through one of my Heroes.
Non City is the Stanley Matthews autobiography which provides a great insight into how different the game was back then.

Football in Sun and Shadow

Fear and Loathing in La Liga

The Barcelona Legacy

City in Europe (unfortunately published just before we finally lifted the trophy)

Fever Pitch

Tears at La Bombonera

Some of my personal favourites.

The Good The Mad and The Ugly ..... Andy Morrisons book is a great read, not your usual sporting autobiography
Also the Fred Eyre books 'Kicked into Touch' and 'Another Breath of Fred Eyre' are full of humorous stories (if I remember correctly...it was a long time ago !!!)

Attachments

• 1719580991970.png
    1719580991970.png
    388.7 KB · Views: 6

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.