What's The Best Martial Art?

I did Jujitsu, Ninjutsu, Karatejutsu. Ninjutsu is uncomplicated and effective. Krav Maga Is based on street fighting adopting all the best elements from other MA. There are other Russian MA springing up that were adopted from Ex Russian special forces.
All depends on the individual and fitness levels.

muay thai....i trained for about 5 years back in the early 90's....it's a close to street fighting as you're going to get

krabi krabong (thai long & short weapons) is very handy too, based on short sword & long staff

philipino eskrima (or screamer) is a very good short stick based art too

capoeira & savate are also very under rated

In my opinion the most effective would be Akido ( the style Seagal uses).
It often called the 'Old man's Martial art' because the it use's opponents energy against them, so a frail looking bloke can send 6 blokes flying with little effort. But it's also one of the hardest to learn as it takes age's to master each move and lock.
My friend is a 2nd Dan , and he with one grip as you screaming in pain.

The missus is very partial to the Rampant Rabbit, and i like a bit of bondage and....... oh shit, my apologies, i miss-read the thread title.

shadygiz said:
muay thai....i trained for about 5 years back in the early 90's....it's a close to street fighting as you're going to get

krabi krabong (thai long & short weapons) is very handy too, based on short sword & long staff

philipino eskrima (or screamer) is a very good short stick based art too

capoeira & savate are also very under rated

thought that was a brazilian dance?

i've done boxing, thai boxing, olympic wrestling and ju jitsu. was best at boxing and wrestling but enjoyed all four because of different skills involved.

To pick one to be very effective "on the street" I would only just say wrestling believe it or not. The others are very effective but wrestling covers many problems quicker! I know a lot of boxers will disagree but it's my opinion that is all!

I started out training in kung fu and then BJJ, and I thought I had it all figured out untill I went to London and abroad fighting people who practised Jeet Kune Do. That in my opinion is the most effective discipline for straight up self defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.