What's the best you've ever seen City play?

Boring, I know, but has to be the 'sick swan' for me, especially Silvas ethereal, sublime pass! (truly took the piss!) For them it was the apocalypse. From that moment on they knew the end had truly come. And Manchester was blue!

blackburn away right at the end of the season and when they went on to be champions that season

The Huddersfield 10 - 1 for me. Their consolation was scored by an ex blue as well. More modern was the cup win at spuds with 10 men, or the 6 - 1 at the swamp. Silva's pass was awsome.
The 10-1? Really? I bet there's been plenty of (top flight) games in the last five years where we've created twice as many goal scoring opportunities than we had in that game. Pretty much every meaningful attempt on goal in the second half went in. For me, that isn't enough. I don't think we played with a particular swagger that day, we were just ruthlessly efficient.

I'd forgotten the 4-0 vs Leeds. Didn't we do them by the same score 2 years running. There was a fabulous team goal started by Brightwell in one of them. Either way I've added it to my list. Cheers!

We did two years on the bounce. That great team goal I think was the following year when they were champions.lovely move and final pass by Sheron.

Note: just watched the footage from the 2-2, yes great performance against a star-studded pool side.

It doesn't count as it wasn't for a full 90 but the 1st half against Chelsea in the title winning season. We had a 100% record going into it and played some ridiculously good football in that first half, only to be screwed by the ref, surprisingly.

Old codger here:

3-1 v United (A) March 1968 was the most complete (and satisfying) City performance I have ever witnessed, especially as we came back from a goal down and simply took them apart. I can still see Colin Bell's beautiful equaliser as clearly as if it was yesterday.

The ballet on ice in December 1967 runs it close.
My parents wouldn't let me go to the 3-1 at the swamp so it's got to be the ballet on ice for me. Taking into account the conditions - the game would never have started nowadays - some of the football we played was unbelievable.

In the modern era the 4-0 demolition of the champions-elect, dirty Leeds, in 1992 was a great performance and of course we played some sublime football in the 6-1 at the swamp and the two 5-1 wins at Spurs in recent years.

The 3-0 at The Swamp in our second PL title season. City absolutely bossed the game, it was a thing of beauty. Also a special mention for the first 25/30 minutes there last season, the Rags were chasing shadows and it was the first time I'd seen us win there in the flesh....bloody marvelous!

a game that really sticks in my mind for great displays is a strange one, but when keggy keegle was in charge we played milwall at home, had a man sent off and still battered them, milwall were one of our rivals at the time,

Yes, the ballet on ice does it for me. Just brilliant mastery of the conditions and the opposition. One of Bell's finest performances. But......this current team is technically superior and, one day soon, will produce a sublime performance which will shock the world. UCL final would be good. Brazil 1970, who are they ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.