What's the best you've ever seen City play?

I think the other week against Watford was the most professional 90 minutes I've ever seen from us. First game I can remember was against Chelsea. Jimmy Greaves was up front. What impressed me at Watford was a free kick taken quick by the fouled player when we had the game in the bag 2nd half. He saw a chance to start an attack and took it. It was a mental thing. It's nice to see determination and that but this was sharpness, alertness. And when the aim is to score a goal when the game's over, that's kind of relentless too. Which I like.

6-0 at home to Portsmouth has to be up there. Robinho was unreal that day.

Special mention to Sheff Wednesday away as well.

There's loads of recent examples where we have played well, and simply outclassed teams. Many are discussed above.
For me though the semi against Ipswich in 81, when our players were dead on there feet but somehow still fought for the cause. Every blue that day knew the side had given everything they had to beat what at the time was a first rate Ipswich side.

For a complete 45 minutes it has to be the 4-3 against Tottenham when Barton got sent off. 3-0 down with ten men at half time to 3-4 at full time amazing performance.

blackburn away right at the end of the season and when they went on to be champions that season

This is one match I always remember. We'd started the season playing some great football under Horton but then United took us apart at the swamp and we just didn't recover from that all season with one exception being this match. The second half at Ewood Park was some of the best football I've ever seen City play. A real indication of what could have been that season. As it happened, in came Alan Ball and we didn't win in the league again until November and we ushered in the Dark Ages at Maine Road.

I daren't go to the away Derby, through nerves and the potential tonking. However, I rucked up and was squashed into that crappy bar area they put us in. I saw the singer, 'Badly drawn boy' and was chatting about him singing The Smiths song when we brought the FA Cup home. 'I never come to these derbies normally', I said,'Why are you here then?' says he,'because I just think we're going to give them a right hiding today'. Yes, it was 6-1!

Norwich away 6.1 was a joy to watch , we were deadly that day but the 3.0 at the swamp was a total utter dismantling of the Devils team.

We played better in the 3-0 at the swamp in 13/14

Total domination from start to finish
That was what I clicked on the thread to say as my game for the best we've played.
Absolutely battered then and could have been any score if we went for goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.