What's the best you've ever seen City play?

In terms of a season as a whole, the football we played in Pellegrini's first season was the most breathtaking I had ever seen City play with Toure, Silva and Aguero all operating at their peak. It was a privilege to watch.

Been watching since to mid 50's and the football now is the very best I have ever seen. Best game I have seen is the 3-2 win at Turf Moor 66 or 67? Might even have been 65. Went on my push bike. Coming back up that hill out of Burnley was a birch.

Most complete performance I have ever seen was the 1-0 victory over United at the back end of the 2012 season. We have had bigger margins of victory over them but to stop them even having a shot on goal in a game which was an almost title decider was a phenomenal achievement. Just a complete professional performance from the 1st minute to the last.

This one for me. A magnificent performance in the circumstances.

First half at the swamp last season total domination to an almost embarrasing level how we went in at h/t only 1 goal in front is one of the worlds great mysteries

Old codger here:

3-1 v United (A) March 1968 was the most complete (and satisfying) City performance I have ever witnessed, especially as we came back from a goal down and simply took them apart. I can still see Colin Bell's beautiful equaliser as clearly as if it was yesterday.

The ballet on ice in December 1967 runs it close.

The 5-2 is still probably my favourite City match of all time for enjoyment. Two teams hell bent on attacking it was like a game of basketball. Ille Dumitrescu was outstanding that day and on a par with Henry as the best opposing player performance I have seen.

Newcastle 3-3 Still get goosebumps watching kinkladze leave the three or four opposing defenders on their backside when we were attacking the Umbro Stand. Such a shame his shot flew over the bar as it would have been an incredible goal.

I remember the 1-1 with a Quinny header when we played them off the park only for Rush to score a tremedous volley. The headers memorable as it appeared a clear cut chance but Quinny headed it into the ground and time stood still as it tricked in off the post. The 2-2 I remember White scored two great Lobs?

Probably worth chucking in one of the 4-0s against Leeds and our 2-1 win at Villa park live on Tv when they were going for the lge and we had not won away for ages. Peter Reid with the winner.

At the age of 6, that 5-2 against Spurs was my first real memory of going to a City game. Been to a few before that (first game was a 4-0 loss to Everton) but the Spurs game stands out for obvious reasons.

At the age of 6, that 5-2 against Spurs was my first real memory of going to a City game. Been to a few before that (first game was a 4-0 loss to Everton) but the Spurs game stands out for obvious reasons.

Tremendous game and there were a few other stunning home performances that year. My earliest memories were titanic struggles with the likes of Grimsby town, circa 1984. Great era for you to be a blue in your 20s

The Huddersfield 10 - 1 for me. Their consolation was scored by an ex blue as well. More modern was the cup win at spuds with 10 men, or the 6 - 1 at the swamp. Silva's pass was awsome.

The 5-2 is still probably my favourite City match of all time for enjoyment. Two teams hell bent on attacking it was like a game of basketball. Ille Dumitrescu was outstanding that day and on a par with Henry as the best opposing player performance I have seen.

Newcastle 3-3 Still get goosebumps watching kinkladze leave the three or four opposing defenders on their backside when we were attacking the Umbro Stand. Such a shame his shot flew over the bar as it would have been an incredible goal.

I remember the 1-1 with a Quinny header when we played them off the park only for Rush to score a tremedous volley. The headers memorable as it appeared a clear cut chance but Quinny headed it into the ground and time stood still as it tricked in off the post. The 2-2 I remember White scored two great Lobs?

Probably worth chucking in one of the 4-0s against Leeds and our 2-1 win at Villa park live on Tv when they were going for the lge and we had not won away for ages. Peter Reid with the winner.

I'd forgotten the 4-0 vs Leeds. Didn't we do them by the same score 2 years running. There was a fabulous team goal started by Brightwell in one of them. Either way I've added it to my list. Cheers!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.