What's the biggest football rivalry in England? your top 3

Sorry to bump this but surprised at how little mention of Blackburn and Burnley there is compared to other rivalries you guys have mentioned. Pure hell on matchday, they have been split over the years but when they do meet you see how bad it can get.

AFC Wimbledon VS MK DONGS<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:54 am --<br /><br />
ANY1aBLUE said:
Unknown_Genius said:
If we're talking rivalry, and not derbies (both are different), then Man United v Liverpool is the biggest in England.

Hey - genius!?? Read the opening post, then come back to us..............

-- Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm --

Scottyboi said:
Well I fucking hate utd and will to the day I die, I hate having them as friends and would gladly boot the jaw off most of them mib scum.

get some help..................
No he doesnt need help i fucking agree with everything hes says !! United fans are a form of sub human you should know better i am not even going to bother listing why i feel this way !!

mcfclovin said:
Ipswich vs Norwich.

They all get tooled up, pitchforks, rakes, the lot.
Another nasty one, especially with Norwich City getting tossed around the different divisions lately. Matches always have big impact on the relegation and promotion races, as we saw in 2008-2009 and this last season. Glad Norwich got promoted this year and hope they stay up.

Milwall v Boca Juniors/Chicargo Fire/New England Patriots/Roger Federra/Danny Pedeosa/Luis Hamilton/Miami Dolphins...

Everyone thinks their particular derby is the biggest rivalry.

City-United is up there, but then so is Sunderland-Newcastle, Villa-Birmingham, Burnley-Blackburn etc and so on.

It's hard to qualify from a neutral perspective. Everyone's derby is the biggest in their own eyes.

There are fans from dual club cities and fans with no other club around for miles who have a pathological hatred for another club. They will have difficulty in explaining why but they hate with a vengeance. Me? I don't hate MANUre, I just love every club which gives them a whippin' an' every player who scores against them. Why? 'Cos they stink!

Having been to the Sunderland v Newcastle game a few years back (when Sunderland were already relegated) our derby is no comparison.

Close but different cities adds to the hatred. Same can be said for Rags v Liverpool.

The same perhaps could be said for :

Cardiff v Svansea
Norwich v Ipswich etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.