What's the closest you have been to death?

Hit by a car, thankfully it wasnt going that fast ( 25 maybe 30mph at most ) on the day of the last election walking from the polling station to the train station to go to work.

I think the Tory's were out to get me.

Fortunately you're still with us and they failed so you can bite them on the arse mate :)

Had a gun pointed at my head as a teenager. Not sure I'd say it was close to death though, because although it was a hostile situation, I was surprisingly calm as I never really believed they would pull the trigger at the time. I guess you could class it as close to death because if they wanted to, it was over.

I think I'd be much more scared of a health problem which contains suffering and death being possible.

I nearly drowned on my honeymoon, mid 80s. The sea had been calm, we were swimming suddenly a storm blew up, tremendous waves. Neither of us strong swimmers, I told hub to leave me. I lay on my back as waves engulfed, remember thinking how sad to go on honeymoon, I'm only 26. The gods were smiling on me, sea and beach quiet, but a German guy swam over to me dragged me onto his back and with me clinging to him swam the quarter mile back to shore. I never did find out his name. I won't hear a word said against Germans, even though they did bomb our chippy during the war ( see Stan Boardman Fokker Wolf joke). I have never been in the sea since.

My son was born 9 months to the day after the incident.

Driving on the unlit stretch of the M61at 5.45 am on a very drizzly December morning
I was travelling up to Glasgow and probably doing 75mph, when I saw directly in front of me a stationary car with no lights on
By the time I saw it and reacted it was too late and I ploughed into the back of it
I was pretty well beaten up, fractured clavicle and sternum, but the car's airbag saved my life
The car I'd hit had been stolen the week before and the scrote who'd nicked it, had been out on the rob that evening and ran out of petrol, so he abandoned it in the outside lane

The M61 was closed for five hours and I was never contacted by the police after the accident

I nearly drowned on my honeymoon, mid 80s. The sea had been calm, we were swimming suddenly a storm blew up, tremendous waves. Neither of us strong swimmers, I told hub to leave me. I lay on my back as waves engulfed, remember thinking how sad to go on honeymoon, I'm only 26. The gods were smiling on me, sea and beach quiet, but a German guy swam over to me dragged me onto his back and with me clinging to him swam the quarter mile back to shore. I never did find out his name. I won't hear a word said against Germans, even though they did bomb our chippy during the war ( see Stan Boardman Fokker Wolf joke). I have never been in the sea since.

My son was born 9 months to the day after the incident.
did you call him Gunther...after his father?

Driving on the unlit stretch of the M61at 5.45 am on a very drizzly December morning
I was travelling up to Glasgow and probably doing 75mph, when I saw directly in front of me a stationary car with no lights on
By the time I saw it and reacted it was too late and I ploughed into the back of it
I was pretty well beaten up, fractured clavicle and sternum, but the car's airbag saved my life
The car I'd hit had been stolen the week before and the scrote who'd nicked it, had been out on the rob that evening and ran out of petrol, so he abandoned it in the outside lane

The M61 was closed for five hours and I was never contacted by the police after the accident

That's horrific, very lucky to be here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.